Used 2004 Mazda Tribute SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

Solid Vehicle
By Trib Lover

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle new and have 112K miles on it. Overall, this vehicle has been solid, reliable and fun to drive. Other then routine maintenance, I have put very little money into repairs. It's great on long trips and in the city. Very versatile, comfortable and peppy! The only beef I have is the mileage. I average about 21 mpg combined. It seems like I'm always at the gas station! I had no intention of keeping this vehicle for so long, but I have no good reason to get rid of it!

Ride comfort, engine power, reliability, versatility, kickin' stereo.

Better mileage and bigger gas tank

WOW
By CMP

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Tribute used with 140000 on odo. 1 owner and they took such good care of it, WOW what a fun drive!!! Moved up from a GeoTracker. Love the rear cargo room and the leather seats, and the stereo! Previous owner had no major repair or complaints in the years of ownership, was buying a new Tribute. 140,000 miles folks and not a oil leak on the v6! I hope to drive this light SUV to 350,000 or more. Only complaint I have is the small gas tank.

Leather! Stereo rocks! Ease of driving and power! Zoom zoom

how about a bigger gas tank? Need a little more gas for long trips

I LOVE IT
By I love my Mazda

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle and we have put lots of mileage on it, lots of room and very comfortable, handles very nicely on highway with little noise. We drive all over on ATV trails in the bush, on the highway and around town and are extremely happy with out Mazda Tribute. When I decide to trade in I am almost certain to get another Tribute. My only complaint with it is the gas mileage considering the size of this SUV.

I love that there are really no blind spots in this vehicle you can see so well around you parking is no problem at all. Great acceleration on the highway. Comfort for everyone even in the backseat, lots of leg room.

Fuel economy!!!

18/22 mpg???
By Goober

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Dunno where they get these fuel ratings. I get 27 on my commute & up to 30 hiway. Have never gotten lower than 25 mpg, even pulling the trailer. Not bad for a 2.0 4 cyl.

mileage, 5 spd, clearance, front wheel drive, I don't need 4wd for the few miles I go off road. Front wd gets me anywhere I want to go. Don't want to drag all that weight(xfer case, axle, diff, drive shaft, etc) 30k miles for the 200 miles I go off road/yr.

A visor that actually blocks the sun? Lumbar support?

Good for the money
By mabpac

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased mine as a used vehicle from our credit union as a lease return. Agree this is an SUV, not a car, so ride is acceptable. Started out with a Suburban, then a Durango, now the Mazda. The short wheelbase is a little rougher, but overall a solid vehicle. The mileage could be better, but after driving two notorious gas guzzlers, I'm happy. The engine is plenty powerful with good pick-up, unlike the Dodge I owned, that seemed to go from 0-60 in about an hour! Handling this year's rough Northern Michigan winter like a charm, even out of 4WD. After a couple of hours, the seats get a little hard, additional cushioning would help.

Front wheel drive. Sound syatem

Larger fuel tank, better gas mileage, more supportive seats.