2004 Mazda Tribute DX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

2004 Tribute Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

Sort Reviews by

Tribute O.K.
By Rdock

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Nice and peppy. Handles well. Interior design is a little cheap. Ignition is in a terrible place. Radio could be better or speakers. But the price was fair, and my wife enjoys driving it. I have'nt had a chance to try the four wheel drive yet. But I'm sure old man winter will change that.

Favorite Features

Handling and pick up response.

Suggested Improvements

Plastic in interior really cheap feeling. Ignition switch in a terrible place. Better radio.

Quality Vehicle for a good price
By Tim PD1

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a well built vehicle. I would buyanother one and tell friends to buy one. It looks better then the escape because of the matched color paint on the outer body. I do wish it would get just a little better gas mileage. over all I would get this SUV again in a heartbeat.

Favorite Features

ALL

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy

whaleybob's tribute
By whaleybob

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Solid ride, fun to drive, plenty of room. Would like a little better fuel mileage. We are really enjoying this car. Great value for the money.

Favorite Features

4 wheel drive, geat handling, very comfortable leather.

Suggested Improvements

interior trim

you need to get one
By printblue

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my favorite vehicle that i have owned so far - it beats the mountineer that I just turned in.The ride is smooth, pickup for a 6cyclinder is great.All the features for the price, heated seats,sun/moon roof,cd changer,awd select on switch,cargo area that you dont have to stoop over to load,leather seats,on and on, this vehicle is wonderful.

Favorite Features

the sun/moon roof is the biggest Ive ever seen in any car,the steering is race car like,real zoom-zoom.Better pickup than my old 8cyclinder in the mountineer.

Suggested Improvements

driving fast with rear windows down you get a humming/vibration noise that can be distracting.

THE BEST 4WD EVER !!!!!!
By trackfever

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle handles great!! Fantastic power when getting onto interstates. I have a moonroof which is great for all that fresh air without messing up your hair. Comfortably seats 5 sdults with plenty of leg room. Lots of room for groceries and even the rear seats fold down for those extra large purchases. I love my Tribute!!! ZOOM-ZOOM !!

Favorite Features

Moon roof, smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe another row of seating for extra friends to enjoy the ride. ZOOM-ZOOM !!!

Awesome!!!
By jflak

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Best vehicle I've ever owned! I traded in a Ford Escape. Ford will tell you it's the same vehicle...I beg to differ! The styling is better, as is the ride. Much less road noise with the Tribute. Great dealership as well.

Favorite Features

Styling

Suggested Improvements

None

Zoom Zoom - a great vehicle to own
By Casak

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many vehicles but this one stands taller then any other. I love the handeling and comfort that is delivered to me. Stylish, easy to use instruments make this the one for me. Gas mileage is about 20+ mpg around town with the V6. Of course this is with only 2000 miles on the engine. I expect that will get better when the engine loosens. The dealership also makes the difference to me and I have always had great service at Mazda in Orange Park Mazda.

Favorite Features

V6 is powerful enough for my needs and the comfort is excelent.

Suggested Improvements

Gear shift can get in the way of radio controls and gets mositure on it because it is in front of AC vent.

Nicer than the rest
By adriane

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've been looking for an suv for the past 3 months, and test drove the Toyota Highlander, Rav 4, Honda CRV, Jeep Liberty and went for a 2nd ride in the Mazda Tribute. By far, it has the smoothest ride, and more inside space.

JimsTribute
By CinciJim

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Love the look and feel of this car. Handles great. Engine is responsive. Seats are a little hard for long drives, though. High-end sound package is well worth the extra $. Overall, great value in a small SUV. Pricing is right for this car.

Favorite Features

Overall appearance, handling, power, sound system. Steering is nice and tight.

Suggested Improvements

Improve heater/AC/fan controls. More cushion in seats. Floor mounted shifter option. More adjustment to tilt wheel. Better quality floor mats. Tint-band across top of windshield. Less engine & road noise. Better mileage.

Quality controls could be better
By tom gio

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My car was delivered to me with a leaking windshield,anotherleak which soaked the carpet,a damaged headliner and the front end out of line.The dealer did all repairs to my satisfaction.Unfortunately,Mazda customer service didn't think this was anything to be concerned about.

Favorite Features

Handles very well.Seats give good support.

Suggested Improvements

Eliminate the wind noise.