2004 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
2004 Tribute is Good Buy
By mdiguy on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Picked up 2004 ES 4WD Tribute after shopping for 2 months. Though they are supposed to be the same, the Tribute rode and steered better than the Escape. Rounded Tail gate vs Squared off tailgate of Escape seems to provide the appearance of bigger cargo area.

GREAT
By LARRY GIRSCH on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

PERFECT FOR TWO SENIORS. DON'T HAVE TO STEP UP TO GET IN AND DON'T NEED HELP GETTING. MORE SENIORS SHOULD GET THEM. PEOPLE THINKS IT IS FOR YUPPIES [WRONG] IT IS GOD SEND FOR OLDER GENERATION.

Overall a Good Value
By Murf130 on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We wanted a car based mini-SUV that could get around the city while still having the ability to haul and go off- road; we got it in the Tribute. It hauls my 3000 lb boat with no problem. It is sure footed in the mud of the Pac NW and you can get it in any parking spot in Seattle. You can tell however that you are buying an "economy" vehicle as its missing some of the bells & whistles that my Silverado has.

Affordable and fun to drive
By Moto9 on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my Mercedes ML320 after 5 years. Tribute is smaller but fun to drive and much easier on the wallet. The ES offers some nice amenities. I'm hoping the reliability will be better than my ML 320

Frustration with the Tribute
By Robyn Teigman on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

i have had this car for almost three years and have had numerous problems with it from the day we purchased it. It is the second Mazda I have owned, the first being a 626 and I am finding similar types of problems. I have had leaks from the body, have had to replace all four tires, the sun roof and electric seats do not work intermittently, the lastest problem - when the car is cold it sounds as if my power steering is not working. I have had the car in for countless services. It is frustrating as I enjoy the ride and the comfort of the car, but do not trust it.

Pleasant Experience
By Cliff Peterson on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Mine is one of the first tributes to come off the line (10/00). Its three years old, has 60,000 miles, almost trouble free,and still drives and feels like new. It's fun to drive, and gives a very secure feeling at high speeds and in harsh x-winds.

i love it my car
By roxanne on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

i love it. it is so fun todrive and it handles really well.

Love my Tribute!
By geeman99 on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle. Acceleration is excellent. Ride and handling are wonderful. Roomy, plush (for the price) interior. Biggest shortcoming - seats could definitely be softer and give more thigh support. Nitpicks - shift lever is too long, ignition key location is a real hassle. Overall a very enjoyable vehicle! Would definitly recommend the Tribute! Not sure why everyone complains about the mileage on the V6 - the great acceleration doesn't come out of thin air, you have to burn more gas to create more horsepower!

ZOOM-ZOOM
By NothinButNetJAG on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I own an ES-V6 model, and I would call this "The Sports Cars of SUVS." I think the Tribute out-classes the Ford Escape. The tribute has a more nicer interior than the Escape, as well as many more standard features. The Zoom- Zoom really shows. A peppy DOHC 24 valve 201 horsepower 3.0 liter V6 is fun to drive. The car is very comfortable and sporty. Great stereo on ES-V6 models. Handles more like a car than an SUV. Feels more capable and sportier than our $34,000 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Great off-road capability. I would recommend this SUV over the Ford Escape, Isuzu Rodeo, Honda CRV, and Honda Pilot. I love the Mazda Tribute!

I love my car
By maji96 on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is an overall good car. I am very pleased with the performance.