2004 Mazda Tribute DX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

2004 Tribute Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

Sort Reviews by

Mazda Tribute
By perkins02m

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It has the luxury of a car but the toughness of a truck. The back seats give ample room for a adult to sit with lots of leg room. It also has a fast pickup, when taking off. It coasts decently to the next light or stop sign without the pedal on the floor. Now it is bumpier than a car. But I will always pick performance over the ride. We have not been limited with her. We have taken her fishing and have gotten her in some sandy spots and overall have been pleased. I notice I do get better gas milege if I don't always fill it up. Less weight I figure. Overall this has been my favorite car in the last 16 years.

Favorite Features

The outside design to the vehicle was most attractive. I instantly wanted to test drive the SUV. I also like the tire pressure indicators on the tires. Very helpful to know that the tires are at the right tire pressure everytime I walk up to the car. No more tire pressure gauges.

Suggested Improvements

I do wish it were a little wider, 6 inches would be more helpful. I have three children and when they sit in the back they are elbow to elbow. Six inches would give them a little space.

Love My Tribute
By Kmokele

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Mazda Tribute four months ago. It is a pleasure to drive. I had a larger SUV prior to this purchase but I am glad that I made the switch to the Mazda...gas consumption is much better (average 24 mpg) and I am thrilled with my vehicle.

Favorite Features

front wheel drive

Suggested Improvements

wind noise is noticeable

I love it if only mileage was better!
By JulieRud

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It's a perfect car for me! I love its size, its performance, its comfort, its safety, it's handling, and its looks! It drives beautifully, and has been totally dependable for almost 3 years! What other cars can claim that?

Favorite Features

I love the exterior looks of the car - it makes a plain SUV look classy! My favorite feature is the 4 wheel drive. It gives me some confidence when I drive in the winter. I also love the sunroof, and the comfort I feel, sitting in the seat.

Suggested Improvements

Very simple - please do something to improve the gas mileage, and you will have the best car on earth!

zoom zoom
By stacie0620

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV DX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd mazda. I enjoy it and its been a very trustworthy vehicle for my family. It has more room than my husbands jeep cherokee. No problems so far

Suggested Improvements

interior isn't bad it could be alittle more updated

Slick
By coolt

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am very happy with this Tribute. I cant wait to drive it. I am more impressed each time I drive.

Favorite Features

Styling, Great to look at. Inside has nice design. 6 disk changer and 7 speakers really pound. Quick accerlation and handles great for a 4x4

Suggested Improvements

Could improve wind noise, Trans struggles for right gear with quick braking then accerlation. Heated seat on/off switch in odd location-- lower lefthand drivers side of seat. Crruse controls on steering wheel should light up when dark.

Cutie Patootey
By dobedew

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it as a 2nd vehicle and am quite happy. Havent owned Japanese in some time and am glad I purchased it. It is cute and rides wonderful. Both peppy and sporty with wonderful gas mileage!!

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Have a radio station changer on the steering wheel like my other truck. Too lazy to bend.LOL

I'm Happy
By loophole

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The ES-V6 is both quick and nimble. Smooth running engine; smooth shifting transmission. The ES model has plenty of doodads and gizmos for entertainment. The premium sound system sounds great and is easy to use. On the down side, there is a bit much road and/or drivetrain noise, and the front seats (or my butt) could use some extra padding.

Favorite Features

Premium sound system; 24 valve engine; rack and pinion steering; electrical accessory socket in cargo area; great driver visability; efficent use of interior space.

Suggested Improvements

Insulate for less road and/or drivetrain noise; add some padding to the front seats; for better ergonomics, add a telescopic steering wheel.

Happy With Choice
By jim & deb

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We did not know what we wanted to buy, So we ended up with our Tribute, and are we happy we did . It is a lot of fun to drive, nice handling,pretty quick , and very roomy inside. Most of all we think the price was reasonable,it is a lot of vehicle for the price tag

Favorite Features

Overall body style, roominess inside,powerful engine

Suggested Improvements

More color selections,Navigational system as an option

Nice Vehicle
By dwfkyf

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I went to the dealer just for a test drive and wound up buying the car. It had all the features I wanted and I enjoyed the feel of the ride. Nice amount of cargo space and roomy seating. Special thanks to the folks at 128 Mazda in Wakefield, MA. It was an excellent buying experience. The staff was informative, they came right out with a price that was great and offered me fair value for my trade-in, canít thank them enough. It was far better than my last couple of car purchases through other dealers. Iím looking forward to owning this vehicle for a long time.

Favorite Features

Nice cargo space, cup holders front and back, comfortable seats, fog lights and rear window wiper/fluid.

Suggested Improvements

Position of some of the controls take getting use to. Key slot is low on the steering post and hard to see (not well lit) and speedometer is partially blocked by the steering wheel when the seat and wheel are positioned where I like them.

my new tribute
By Amy H

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I recently owned a 2 door honda civic and had to sell it due to the fact I am expecting my first child. We wanted to get a 4 door, but not a minivan. The Tribute was a good compromise. ***the truck I bought has paint bubbles in the clear coat on the liftgate, that I didn't notice until after I had bought it. My dealer ship is supposed to touch it up, but I wish I had noticed before taking delivery.

Favorite Features

-6 way power seat -storage areas -glass on tailgate opens seperately

Suggested Improvements

-change the brakes to reduce brake dust -move the shifter out of the way of the radio -make abs standard -reduce blind spots from the head rest -reduce wind noise from door seals