Used 2004 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 SUV Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

(Sometimes) Ol Reliable
By Brittanyd

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car was my first purchase. We bought it from a family friend who had it as an extra and didn't use it much. The owner before it put 113,000 miles on it. As soon as we got it all the eletronics went out- radio, clock, lights, etc. $700 all the dealership. Over the past 2 1/2 years we have sunk over $2,000 in repairs. We actually got it out of the shop again today. Thankfully, repairs for this car tend to be on the lower end and it's easy to find parts. Despite everything I'm in love with this car. It's just the right size, I love driving it, and the gas mileage doesn't seem as horrible to me because I take short trips.

nice ride
By b. rod.

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

you should have all the cat. converters checked for clogges,ie rear 1 it will blow a hole in egr valve. costing about 285.00 , i had mine removed and replaced with pipe . resolved issues. cts will clogged from unburned gas causing motor to shut down. this pipe trick does the job. all happened at 121k. also keep gas filter changed. its on frame, easy to do.

First SUV
By nanski50

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Mazada Tribute used with 85.000 miles in early Oct. 2012.
I decided to down size from my last vehicle which was a Crysler Town and Country mini van.
I did alot of research and the Tribute kept coming out on top.
This is a great little SUV.
It is fun to drive, peepy, and gets mileage as advertised.
It has no rattles and controls are easy to reach.
It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that my mini van did but I am enjoying it completely.
I love my Tribute and plan to drive it for many years.

It's easy to handle.

Would love to have heated seats.

Very satisfied wuth my Tribute
By TribOwner

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 3+ yrs of ownership I remain very satisfied with my Tribute LX. I carefully researched all comparable vehicles vs my reqts. I still believe it is the best value for the money of its kind. After 40K miles, I installed quieter, softer riding tires vs the factory tires; noticeable change in ride and quietness. Easy thing to do. My young adult teens really like the leg room space in the back seat and enjoy driving it. MPG is competitive. I have the premier sound system. Sporty, responsive engine that can be used to tow if you wish (I have not yet).

Excellent sound system - I have the premier system. Compact - easy parking. Roomy (back seat) - interior fits 3 people. Partial recline of back seat is nice.

Light in glove compartment.

Fantastic driving experience
By Vinnie Dee

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving over 56 years and my Mazda Tribute has been the most enjoyable drive ever! In three years of driving the only mechanical problem required replacement of the transmission which was dealt with very well by the dealer. It still has a new car smell and each time I get in it I feel as excited as when it was new. The finish is still like new and shines as if just waxed. Soon I will be ready for an upgrade to a more current model.

My ONLY complaint with the entire vehicle is the awkward spot for the ignition key. I have to practically lay my head on my right knee to see it.