2004 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
First SUV
By nanski50 on 12/03/12 21:10 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Mazada Tribute used with 85.000 miles in early Oct. 2012. I decided to down size from my last vehicle which was a Crysler Town and Country mini van. I did alot of research and the Tribute kept coming out on top. This is a great little SUV. It is fun to drive, peepy, and gets mileage as advertised. It has no rattles and controls are easy to reach. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that my mini van did but I am enjoying it completely. I love my Tribute and plan to drive it for many years.

Very satisfied wuth my Tribute
By TribOwner on 08/05/07 08:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 3+ yrs of ownership I remain very satisfied with my Tribute LX. I carefully researched all comparable vehicles vs my reqts. I still believe it is the best value for the money of its kind. After 40K miles, I installed quieter, softer riding tires vs the factory tires; noticeable change in ride and quietness. Easy thing to do. My young adult teens really like the leg room space in the back seat and enjoy driving it. MPG is competitive. I have the premier sound system. Sporty, responsive engine that can be used to tow if you wish (I have not yet).

Fantastic driving experience
By Vinnie Dee on 10/23/06 10:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving over 56 years and my Mazda Tribute has been the most enjoyable drive ever! In three years of driving the only mechanical problem required replacement of the transmission which was dealt with very well by the dealer. It still has a new car smell and each time I get in it I feel as excited as when it was new. The finish is still like new and shines as if just waxed. Soon I will be ready for an upgrade to a more current model.

I thought it was the best...
By Roger122387 #2 on 07/09/05 16:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second review.. i left my last one a little over a year ago.. I thought this car was great.. I have had so many problems.. the stereo has had to be replaced several times.. my passenger air bag cover keeps popping off, the sealing around the doors is coming off, and the wheels keep getting out of alignment (I mostly drive stricly highway). My Waco TX Mazda Dealership tell me that there are no problems with the CD player (it would never play any of my CD's!!), and then they said the airbag cover popping off was my problem.. after enough arguing with them they finally hesitated to fix it. But other than all of that, it has been fun to drive. Great car for out of town trips!!

9 Month Review
By MPV39 on 12/13/04 23:04 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had a hunch that the Tribute would be a very good vehicle because I have owned 2 MPV's and knew the Tribute would be a great addition to the family. Fun at the Beach, in the mountains and love to ride with the Moonroof open. Great Vehicle......so far. Needs the front bracket mounted, but I mounted it anyway because there are 2 small places where you can drive screws into the bumper and display your favorite tag. Go Noles/Dawgs!!!!!

AWESOME SUV
By NESSA on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

WELL I FIRST WENT IN TO THE MAZDA DLRSHIP TO PURCHASE A MAZDA 6. CAME OUT W/ THE TRIBUTE. I DON'T REGRET THE DECISION, I LOVE THIS SUV. IT'S FUN TO DRIVE AND VERY ROOMY. CAN'T WAIT TO DRIVE TO SOUTH PADRE ISLAND DURING SPRING BREAK! BEING AND INSURAMCE AGENT MYSELF, I COULDN'T BELIEVE HOW GOOD THE RATES ARE FOR INSURING THIS VEHICLE. MY HUSBAND AND I LOVE THIS VEHICLE!

Buying this car was a mistake
By agalloway4 on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My car is not 1 year old yet. The doors open on their own. They will also lock you in, so that you have to crawl thru another door. It will accelerate itself while in cruise control. They doors are not sealed properly. The tires are going flat because the car was not balanced correctly and can not be fixed. I know of 2 other people with this problem, therefore I am not alone.

Satisfied customer
By Dilligas on 06/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Mileage could be better for vehicle size God bargin for money Refuse to accept Continential Tires.... absolute bad experience with tires

DPBSRATING
By DEBORAH BELL on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

THIS IS AGREAT FUN CAR WHICH WON'T BREAK THE WALLET.

Needed New Engine
By ajmjd2 on 05/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Five days after purchasing a new Tribute and with less than 400 miles on the road, a piston broke off and destroyed the engine. The dealership offered to replace the engine, but eventually agreed to replace the vehicle. So far, no problems.