Used 2004 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

nice ride
By b. rod.

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

you should have all the cat. converters checked for clogges,ie rear 1 it will blow a hole in egr valve. costing about 285.00 , i had mine removed and replaced with pipe . resolved issues. cts will clogged from unburned gas causing motor to shut down. this pipe trick does the job. all happened at 121k. also keep gas filter changed. its on frame, easy to do.

First SUV
By nanski50

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Mazada Tribute used with 85.000 miles in early Oct. 2012. I decided to down size from my last vehicle which was a Crysler Town and Country mini van. I did alot of research and the Tribute kept coming out on top. This is a great little SUV. It is fun to drive, peepy, and gets mileage as advertised. It has no rattles and controls are easy to reach. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that my mini van did but I am enjoying it completely. I love my Tribute and plan to drive it for many years.

It's easy to handle.

Would love to have heated seats.

Very satisfied wuth my Tribute
By TribOwner

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 3+ yrs of ownership I remain very satisfied with my Tribute LX. I carefully researched all comparable vehicles vs my reqts. I still believe it is the best value for the money of its kind. After 40K miles, I installed quieter, softer riding tires vs the factory tires; noticeable change in ride and quietness. Easy thing to do. My young adult teens really like the leg room space in the back seat and enjoy driving it. MPG is competitive. I have the premier sound system. Sporty, responsive engine that can be used to tow if you wish (I have not yet).

Excellent sound system - I have the premier system. Compact - easy parking. Roomy (back seat) - interior fits 3 people. Partial recline of back seat is nice.

Light in glove compartment.

Fantastic driving experience
By Vinnie Dee

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving over 56 years and my Mazda Tribute has been the most enjoyable drive ever! In three years of driving the only mechanical problem required replacement of the transmission which was dealt with very well by the dealer. It still has a new car smell and each time I get in it I feel as excited as when it was new. The finish is still like new and shines as if just waxed. Soon I will be ready for an upgrade to a more current model.

My ONLY complaint with the entire vehicle is the awkward spot for the ignition key. I have to practically lay my head on my right knee to see it.

I thought it was the best...
By Roger122387 #2

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second review.. i left my last one a little over a year ago.. I thought this car was great.. I have had so many problems.. the stereo has had to be replaced several times.. my passenger air bag cover keeps popping off, the sealing around the doors is coming off, and the wheels keep getting out of alignment (I mostly drive stricly highway). My Waco TX Mazda Dealership tell me that there are no problems with the CD player (it would never play any of my CD's!!), and then they said the airbag cover popping off was my problem.. after enough arguing with them they finally hesitated to fix it. But other than all of that, it has been fun to drive. Great car for out of town trips!!

The get up and go with my V6 engine, the exterior style of the car, not so happy about the inside look of it. Good and roomy. Great cargo space.

Make better quality seats, way better quality CD players since I had more than one replacement, better quality door seals, and just a better car itself!!

• SUV