Used 2004 Mazda Tribute DX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

I LOVE IT
By I love my Mazda

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle and we have put lots of mileage on it, lots of room and very comfortable, handles very nicely on highway with little noise. We drive all over on ATV trails in the bush, on the highway and around town and are extremely happy with out Mazda Tribute. When I decide to trade in I am almost certain to get another Tribute. My only complaint with it is the gas mileage considering the size of this SUV.

I love that there are really no blind spots in this vehicle you can see so well around you parking is no problem at all. Great acceleration on the highway. Comfort for everyone even in the backseat, lots of leg room.

Fuel economy!!!

18/22 mpg???
By Goober

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Dunno where they get these fuel ratings. I get 27 on my commute & up to 30 hiway. Have never gotten lower than 25 mpg, even pulling the trailer. Not bad for a 2.0 4 cyl.

mileage, 5 spd, clearance, front wheel drive, I don't need 4wd for the few miles I go off road. Front wd gets me anywhere I want to go. Don't want to drag all that weight(xfer case, axle, diff, drive shaft, etc) 30k miles for the 200 miles I go off road/yr.

A visor that actually blocks the sun? Lumbar support?

adequate vehicle
By bookworm

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, not a bad vehicle. Never owned a Mazda and after this may go back later on. NOT very comfortable on lower back for cross country trips. Own 5 speed 4 cylinder engine. Performs ok for size. Shifting can be difficult especially for reverse. Upsides - roomy cargo area, better than average front leg room. Handles well at speed. If you buy a Tribute, go for a v6 engine. Not bad gas mileage for an SUV, averaging about 20/23.

Vision out front and small "blind spot" than most vehicles. Stereo system is good as is dash and controls.

Add cruise to manual trans. Get rid of 4 cylinder.

'04 Tribute
By russ

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great vehicle. The cost to own isn't that bad. It gets good fuel economy and can haul a fair amount of stuff. I have two kids so it does see some abuse.

It's a good looking vehicle. The inside is pretty well laid out.

The paint. The paint takes a minor rub and it scratches.

Great Little SUV
By bushdow

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle in February 2004 I saved thousands on the sticker price. The SUV has performed well. I took it back on Christmas Day for an emmission sensor problem. It is roomy and peppy for a 4 cylinder engine.

The rear space area is very roomy. I like the fel of the manual transmission. (5 Speed)

Cruise Control and bigger tires.