2004 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Tribute
By chicago2624 on 12/10/13 15:57 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my tribute over a year ago- with over 100k miles on it- a lot, I know, by I'm a poor college student! This was well worth the investment. I do all normal maintenance regularly And have had no major problems. It's really roomy, reliable, and safe! I love the 4WD in the winter! I am amazed at how smooth it drives. I do not have a garage to store it in unfortunately, but there have still been no issues- in the winter I. Let it warm up and it does great. The back storage is great, it seems like I'm always packing up. I would definitely recommend this car!

First SUV
By nanski50 on 12/03/12 21:10 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Mazada Tribute used with 85.000 miles in early Oct. 2012. I decided to down size from my last vehicle which was a Crysler Town and Country mini van. I did alot of research and the Tribute kept coming out on top. This is a great little SUV. It is fun to drive, peepy, and gets mileage as advertised. It has no rattles and controls are easy to reach. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that my mini van did but I am enjoying it completely. I love my Tribute and plan to drive it for many years.

Disappointed with mileage and performance
By maskita on 07/24/11 15:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased used with 106K on the clock, now has 113K. We were attracted to the exterior styling and interior features of the 2004 Mazda Tribute. It gives a very stable and comfortable ride. I hate the poor air conditioning controls. When you select the A/C, you cannot select which vents (high or low) the air comes out of, unlike the Toyotas and Hondas that I am accustomed to. The V6 engine pulls fairly well at low speeds, but seems to have a difficult time maintaining 70 mph on some highway inclines. I expected better than 22 mpg from a modern Japanese vehicle of this size. Would not buy another one.

Love my Tribute
By Love my Tribute on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd 2004 Tribute. The first one I traded for a Mazda 3 because of rising fuel costs back in 2005. I missed it so much that when I found another used 2004 within my price range, I bought it. It had 68,000 miles on it when I bought it and now has 95,000. The only thing that it's been in the shop for is recharging the AC. I love the way it rides and drives. I have a 20 mile commute to work and this past winter, when we had several bad snow storms, I didn't miss a day of work.

Solid Vehicle
By Trib Lover on 05/26/10 12:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle new and have 112K miles on it. Overall, this vehicle has been solid, reliable and fun to drive. Other then routine maintenance, I have put very little money into repairs. It's great on long trips and in the city. Very versatile, comfortable and peppy! The only beef I have is the mileage. I average about 21 mpg combined. It seems like I'm always at the gas station! I had no intention of keeping this vehicle for so long, but I have no good reason to get rid of it!

WOW
By CMP on 05/09/10 09:42 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Tribute used with 140000 on odo. 1 owner and they took such good care of it, WOW what a fun drive!!! Moved up from a GeoTracker. Love the rear cargo room and the leather seats, and the stereo! Previous owner had no major repair or complaints in the years of ownership, was buying a new Tribute. 140,000 miles folks and not a oil leak on the v6! I hope to drive this light SUV to 350,000 or more. Only complaint I have is the small gas tank.

I LOVE IT
By I love my Mazda on 06/18/09 09:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle and we have put lots of mileage on it, lots of room and very comfortable, handles very nicely on highway with little noise. We drive all over on ATV trails in the bush, on the highway and around town and are extremely happy with out Mazda Tribute. When I decide to trade in I am almost certain to get another Tribute. My only complaint with it is the gas mileage considering the size of this SUV.

18/22 mpg???
By Goober on 03/26/09 18:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Dunno where they get these fuel ratings. I get 27 on my commute & up to 30 hiway. Have never gotten lower than 25 mpg, even pulling the trailer. Not bad for a 2.0 4 cyl.

Good for the money
By mabpac on 02/24/08 19:07 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased mine as a used vehicle from our credit union as a lease return. Agree this is an SUV, not a car, so ride is acceptable. Started out with a Suburban, then a Durango, now the Mazda. The short wheelbase is a little rougher, but overall a solid vehicle. The mileage could be better, but after driving two notorious gas guzzlers, I'm happy. The engine is plenty powerful with good pick-up, unlike the Dodge I owned, that seemed to go from 0-60 in about an hour! Handling this year's rough Northern Michigan winter like a charm, even out of 4WD. After a couple of hours, the seats get a little hard, additional cushioning would help.

Very satisfied wuth my Tribute
By TribOwner on 08/05/07 08:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 3+ yrs of ownership I remain very satisfied with my Tribute LX. I carefully researched all comparable vehicles vs my reqts. I still believe it is the best value for the money of its kind. After 40K miles, I installed quieter, softer riding tires vs the factory tires; noticeable change in ride and quietness. Easy thing to do. My young adult teens really like the leg room space in the back seat and enjoy driving it. MPG is competitive. I have the premier sound system. Sporty, responsive engine that can be used to tow if you wish (I have not yet).