2004 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
I LOVE IT
By I love my Mazda on 06/18/09 09:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle and we have put lots of mileage on it, lots of room and very comfortable, handles very nicely on highway with little noise. We drive all over on ATV trails in the bush, on the highway and around town and are extremely happy with out Mazda Tribute. When I decide to trade in I am almost certain to get another Tribute. My only complaint with it is the gas mileage considering the size of this SUV.

18/22 mpg???
By Goober on 03/26/09 18:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Dunno where they get these fuel ratings. I get 27 on my commute & up to 30 hiway. Have never gotten lower than 25 mpg, even pulling the trailer. Not bad for a 2.0 4 cyl.

adequate vehicle
By bookworm on 10/09/06 11:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, not a bad vehicle. Never owned a Mazda and after this may go back later on. NOT very comfortable on lower back for cross country trips. Own 5 speed 4 cylinder engine. Performs ok for size. Shifting can be difficult especially for reverse. Upsides - roomy cargo area, better than average front leg room. Handles well at speed. If you buy a Tribute, go for a v6 engine. Not bad gas mileage for an SUV, averaging about 20/23.

'04 Tribute
By russ on 09/06/05 20:43 PM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great vehicle. The cost to own isn't that bad. It gets good fuel economy and can haul a fair amount of stuff. I have two kids so it does see some abuse.

Great Little SUV
By bushdow on 12/31/04 21:08 PM (PST)

2004 Mazda Tribute DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle in February 2004 I saved thousands on the sticker price. The SUV has performed well. I took it back on Christmas Day for an emmission sensor problem. It is roomy and peppy for a 4 cylinder engine.

Great economical suv
By maumannion on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Best price, good gas mileage for suv, very roomy and comfortable. already took trip this summer from Florida to Wyoming with 5 yr old granddaughter. Excellent vehivle for traveling.

Pleasantly suprised
By yellowpit on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

While the creature comforts aren't luxury level and the four banger won't rocket you into traffic, it is a nice vehicle at a great price. I got the last '04 on the lot $1300 less than Edmund's suggested. Just took a 750 mile trip on less than two tanks of gas, worked well on both the Interstates and PA's dirt roads.

My Tribute withstood a 50MPH rear-ending
By Law girl on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been very pleased with the purchase of this vehicle, and this month I was really impressed. I was rear-ended on the freeway by a driver going about 50 MPH and my Tribute held up beautifully. Only a slight crack in the bumper. The other car was totalled. Good job to Mazda!

the best small suv
By lisa nelson on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mazda Tribute DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

drives like a small car. handles like a dream. gas milage is really good. i get 23 city and 28 hwy. has room for adults in rear seat. cargo space is bigger then many other small suv's on the market.

2004 Mazda Tribute DX FWD Four Door
By Bmd on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mazda Tribute DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This compact SUV handles like a car. The four cylinder engine gets the job done.