The Best Vehicle I've EVER Owned!
By tributetomazda on
2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I bought it in Nov. '02. I just cleared 170,000 Miles. Sure! There have been some quirky issues. The most annoying: the illuminating light which shows you what gear you are in went out recently and there is a short in a harness that indicates the status of the airbag. I had my power moon roof switch replaced. Most expensive repair 150,000 mile tune up required the replacement of the "Coil Packs" on all 6 cylinders @ $118 each! With the other routine maintenance I had performed = $1000. Replaced the Battery @ 170,000. Replaced steering linkage arms "clunking" at 125,000. First tires went 70,000. Second set 70,000. Now in only the third set. Brakes, somewhere way back when. Oil! Thats it!
Favorite Features
Powerful! Will squeel the tires! Towing my 2500lb Bass Boat pushes it a bit! Very Comfortable. Drives beautifully!
Suggested Improvements
Coil Packs are too dang expensive!
By ademink
on 01/14/11 11:21 AM (PST)

How funny...the *exact* things I've had to repair or had issues with: all coil packs illuminating light short in harness battery at 135,000 linkage arms at 150,000 (also tie rod ends 2x, bushings and sway bars) all in all, i still love the beast and will get another with low miles after this one dies!