Solid and Fun to Drive
By Cristanka on
2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I bought my 03 Tribute LX 4WD at 95,000 miles and I've been happy with it every single day. It's amazing in the winter and even better in the summer! Everything still works at 106,000 miles a year later. The wheel bearing on the front right passenger side was broken when I bought it, unfortunately, and it wasn't until much later that I found that problem and the dealership paid for it. The crash test ratings are spectacular on this SUV! I was just hit a week ago by a drunk driver going 70 mph and I walked away without a scratch. My Tribute is in great condition save for a few cosmetic repairs. If I had been in a lighter SUV I would have rolled over. Definitely worth every penny.
Favorite Features
The solid structure and suspension, reliability, safety, smooth shifting, and completely comfortable. The fuel economy is on the better end of the SUV spectrum for sure. Definitely the best in its class. Great room for passengers in the front and in the back. Great visibility.
Suggested Improvements
I don't like how it's identical to the Ford Explorer, but understandable as they are both assembled in the US and use the same exact parts in the same factory. Center console is really hard to clean properly. Some vibration after 75 mph.