2003 Mazda Tribute Consumer Review: My First SUV

2003 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Review

DX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

My First SUV
By MWi1068196 on

2003 Mazda Tribute DX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My experience with my 2003 Tribute ES 2WD has been outstanding by most accounts. Previously owning a 2002 Millenia, I was familiar and comfortable with the Mazda lineup. After much research, I decided to purchase the Tribute. I'm very satisfied with my decision. It's a great vehicle for me in all areas and I love the way it handles, drives, and rides. The build quality is great, along with the improved warranty over the 2002 models. My Tribute has all the bells and whistles less the 4WD option, but that wasn't necessary for me. Plenty of room, fun to drive, excellent value for the money. I'll definitely purchase another one down the road.

Favorite Features

Smooth transmission, plenty of pick-up, quality interior furnishings, easy to park, excellent visibility, great sound system. I can't find any faults so far!

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I'd suggest is working on the gas mileage some. A little disappointed to begin with, but it HAS improved. I read some reviews that were not complimentary about the gear shifter on the steering column, but I actually like it better.