2003 Mazda Tribute Consumer Review: Love It!

2003 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Review

LX-V6 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Love It!
By blm on

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had an 89 Mazda MX6, bought new, that went through two babies...children, car seats, strollers, trips etc. Needed something bigger and loved the look of the small SUV...Escape as well as Tribute. The Ford dealer wouldn't move on the Escape price they tried to sell me an Explorer, ended up at Mazda and they worked with me. My heart was ultimately set on a Mazda having such great experience in the past and this was the perfect transition from a small car to an SUV. It surprisingly has lot's of space and is really fun and easy to drive. It's very comfortable and it's easy to see when driving (I'm a small person). I love the stylish look as well.

Favorite Features

Sunroof (A MUST), 6CD changer, power locks and seats, window control (good for kids). Window opening in back making it not neccessary to lift the hatch all the time. Auto four wheel drive.

Suggested Improvements

I expected milage to be better, however seemed to get a little better after a break in period. Cup holders in back need to be off the floor! Drinks are very easily kicked.