2003 Mazda Tribute Consumer Review: IN balance, best ever

2003 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Review

IN balance, best ever
By Oldfrat on

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned and driven a lot of vehicles in the past 40 years including a 63 Corvair, 2 67 Corvettes, big Plymouths, Mercurys and Cadillacs, and a Dodge Ram truck. My 2003 Tribute is clearly the best ever on an overall basis. The other ones did some things a lot better than the Tribute, but none did everything to the same good level. It has the most driver leg room of any car I've owned. I have used the temporary 4WD to go through some really hairy places. Put the rear seats down and it can carry a surprising amount of stuff. And it is surprisingly kind of fun to drive in most situations.

Wonderful for tall drivers. Tons of leg and head room! If you get a dashboard message saying your air bag isn't working, go to Google - not your dealer. Your dealer will tell you about the $500 fix. Google will show you how to fix it yourself in about 10 minutes.

Wind noise and the gear shifter, as others mentioned. Also, I have three pins in my hip. The very firm seats just about killed me on my first long drive. I then added a very thick gel seating pad (which the Tribute's high head room made possible) and can now drive 12+ hours with no problems.