2003 Mazda Tribute 3.0L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - A solid B performer

2003 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Review

LX-V6 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

A solid B performer
By FCM3 on

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my LX -4X4 for 1yr and 2 months now (15K) and I rate the car as a solid B+. The car is speedy, handles well, and acts like a car. The down side is I 've had 3 warrenty items fixed ( I am going in for a 4th next week-the sunroof stopped working) all have been nuiscences that have required the car to stay at the dealership for 1 or 2 days. However the problems started after 8 hassle free months.(sagging headliner, check engine light(bad O2 sensor), and 4X4 switch broke-in on position. I average 18mpg/city and 21 on the highway. I've been overall pleased w/ the ride, handling, power, and space. For the $$ this has been a good car.

Favorite Features

The overall feeling of the car; its fun to drive and a wonderful performer.

Suggested Improvements

1-move the gear shifter.2-the vent/A/C arrangement is poor, you only get air recirculation w/ A/C on, air vent intake is in engine compartment.3-a bigger gas tank-since you get ave mileage why fill up frequently? 4-interior illumination is weak- no illumination for keyhole.