Used 2003 Mazda Tribute SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

My second Tribute
By BC

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This was my second Tribute having turned in my 2001 Dx for the more luxury ES.Does most things well excpt,sucks gas,13to18mpg,and Continental tires suck big time.Biggest piece of garbage for tires,after 5000 miles they feel square and makes lots of road noise

easy to drive,performs well

glad they put the shifter on the floor for '05,always interferes with the radio,bad gas mileage

Tribute Will Tow
By Illinibravada

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Researched and test drove alot of midsize SUV's. Really am pleased with the Tribute. (Wife drives Highlander) Mileage 22 combo city/highway. I also use it to tow my 18 ft bass boat. Vehicle has tow package. I get 18-20 mpg when towing the boat. As my 5 year old says it has alot of zoom zoom dad.

Firm leather seats, rear opening, exterior body style, 16 inch wheels, v6 power, deep center storage tray,

door arm rest made of soft material instead of hard plastic, lock control on passenger door, rear seat with center arm rest, controls on steering wheel with lights for night use.full size spare

Decent SUV
By spd

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Good power, fun to drive. Problems are that the disc brakes and rotors wore out at abt 30,000 miles. Mazda agreed to pay for it this time as they should have lasted longer. Recently I have a great deal of road noise due to tires wearing in a strange way. They are not worn out, but still have to be replaced. This vehicle is driven mainly on the freeway and should not have these types of problems at this mileage. Also, there is a whistling that occurs on the drivers side at around 70mph. Not a good thing when you spend most of your time on the freeways.

Great sound system (6 disc, 180W). Good cargo area for the size vehicle.

Fix the break problem. Dealer said they are seeing quite a few of these coming in with worn rotors. Find out what causes the whistling.

Still Got the Zoom Zoom 1 Year Later!
By MWi1068196

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Outstanding ownership experience. Traded a 2002 Millenia for my Tribute with no regrets whatsoever. Does everything I want it to do and more! Purchasing experience with the dealership wasn't good, to say the least, but service and maintenance with the local dealership has been fantastic!

Plenty of power, good looking styling, carlike ride, but still cargo room to carry what I need. Towing package is great for my bike rack.

Gas mileage could be a little better, but, hey, it's not a 4 cyl. econobox.

The 1st was so good I bought a 2nd one
By stormy

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Tribute. My first was a 2001 and I had no problems with it. The only reason I decided to change out for a new one was when the 2001 tribute was about 8 mths old we were hit from behind and flipped onto the drivers side. 9k damage repaired (mostly cosmetic) it now had squeaks. The new one a 2003 does have several things that they changed that were for the better. Moveable headrests, lumbar on the drivers seat, reconfigured where the defrost button was, and changed the radio slightly. I had no issues with the Tribute the way it was, but these are good changes.

The 6 disk in dash CD changer, mid range speakers, and subwoofer!

The gear shift is still a little long and sticks over in front of the senter of the dash.

• SUV