2003 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
A Satisfied Owner
By MikkiB on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Owning this vehicle has been a really good experience. It has a great turning radius and it drives like a car not a truck.

Enjoying This SUV
By Lespoir on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2001 Honda Accord (whick was a wonderful car) for the Tribute as I needed the capacity of a SUV. So far all is good with this vehicle. The only exception is the gas mileage. I get barely 18 miles to the gallon. By the way you did not list 6Cyl 4Wheel Drive when driver wants to put vehicle into 4 wheel drive, otherwise it is front wheel drive.

Gret SUV
By Birdman333 on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Looked at over 10 different styles and makes from autos to SUV's. We settled on the Tribute because we were current Mazda owners of a 626 for 16 years and never had a major thig go wrong.

Very Good Vehicle
By LCA on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I have over 15,000 Miles on this vehicle to date no problems only fun

new es-v6 merlot/w beige interior
By bmartyntx on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

we purchased this vehicle because we wanted a small suv that can hold 5 people comfortably i am 6-3 and i looked at all the suv's out there pilot,crv,toyota full line,nissan,gmc,chevy,etc. and out of all of them i looked at i needed something that would fit and i found the ford escape does that but the tribute is actually a ford escape but with a nicer more rounded look and i feel has a better package w/ standard anti-lock brakes and is actually a little less than escape. also the warranty is better and also has roadside assist. w free loaner car. coupled with 0% financing it was very hard to find anything else even close.

Perfect Family Vehicle
By Bigkay on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I truly enjoy my new Tribute. It is very comfortable and so much fun to drive. I have 2 children and feel completely safe having them in the car with me. I thought I would miss my 1998 MPV when I traded it in, but I love this vehicle, I highly recommend to anyone looking for a reliable SUV.

What a cool SUV
By E. Johnston on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 1 year of owning and driving this 'ute, I still think it is one of the best 'utes you can buy for the money. It is as roomy as a full-size SUV inside (I think because they don't waste space with a 3rd row -- which no one can use or even fit into). It drives better than most sedans. The AWD really works, whether offroading (done it) or driving up an icy road to ski at 13,000' (done it).

Mazda Tribute
By Mazda buyer on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is and excellent car and even though it looks small, it is big on the inside.

2003 Mazda Tribute
By phw1443 on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Having been the owner of suburbans, this was a little bit of a change. Besides the size and the power differences, I never thought I would like the smaller SUV, however driving it has been fun and relaxing. No fighting the traffic changing lanes. Rides smooth. I would recommend the Tribute.

better than my 01
By Bucky C on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

this is my second.Went in for service (sway bar links)and while it was being fixed ended up with a new one. Had a DX V8 4x4 now have the loaded ES 4x4.leather moonroof the works. two years made a nice improvement,plus a better warrantee,was looking into an Explorer but was too pricy.Thought Id give the Tribute one more try.The 01 had 22,000 miles when traded.