2003 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
Gret SUV
By Birdman333 on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Looked at over 10 different styles and makes from autos to SUV's. We settled on the Tribute because we were current Mazda owners of a 626 for 16 years and never had a major thig go wrong.

A Satisfied Owner
By MikkiB on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Owning this vehicle has been a really good experience. It has a great turning radius and it drives like a car not a truck.

I Love This SUV
By vjneighbors on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car! I was drawn to it by the more stylish body lines than other SUV's, but am really happy with the performance and comfort. This is a beautiful, but functional vehicle. It offers a very large cargo area, and it is very easy to unload groceries, equipment, etc. from the rear. Gas mileage isn't the greatest, but the fun of owning and driving this car more than makes up for that. The fold-down seats are really convenient and easy to use.

Mazda Tribute LX 2x4
By Edskie on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Mazda Tribute is very fun to drive SUV, it handles more like a sports car then a truck and the engine is powerfull and refined. The styling has a more fun, sporty look to it compared to its Ford Escape counterpart, which by the way is everything the Mazada is except for more truck like styling.

Perfect Family Vehicle
By Bigkay on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I truly enjoy my new Tribute. It is very comfortable and so much fun to drive. I have 2 children and feel completely safe having them in the car with me. I thought I would miss my 1998 MPV when I traded it in, but I love this vehicle, I highly recommend to anyone looking for a reliable SUV.

new es-v6 merlot/w beige interior
By bmartyntx on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

we purchased this vehicle because we wanted a small suv that can hold 5 people comfortably i am 6-3 and i looked at all the suv's out there pilot,crv,toyota full line,nissan,gmc,chevy,etc. and out of all of them i looked at i needed something that would fit and i found the ford escape does that but the tribute is actually a ford escape but with a nicer more rounded look and i feel has a better package w/ standard anti-lock brakes and is actually a little less than escape. also the warranty is better and also has roadside assist. w free loaner car. coupled with 0% financing it was very hard to find anything else even close.

What a cool SUV
By E. Johnston on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 1 year of owning and driving this 'ute, I still think it is one of the best 'utes you can buy for the money. It is as roomy as a full-size SUV inside (I think because they don't waste space with a 3rd row -- which no one can use or even fit into). It drives better than most sedans. The AWD really works, whether offroading (done it) or driving up an icy road to ski at 13,000' (done it).

Mazda Tribute
By Mazda buyer on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is and excellent car and even though it looks small, it is big on the inside.

2003 Mazda Tribute
By phw1443 on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Having been the owner of suburbans, this was a little bit of a change. Besides the size and the power differences, I never thought I would like the smaller SUV, however driving it has been fun and relaxing. No fighting the traffic changing lanes. Rides smooth. I would recommend the Tribute.

better than my 01
By Bucky C on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

this is my second.Went in for service (sway bar links)and while it was being fixed ended up with a new one. Had a DX V8 4x4 now have the loaded ES 4x4.leather moonroof the works. two years made a nice improvement,plus a better warrantee,was looking into an Explorer but was too pricy.Thought Id give the Tribute one more try.The 01 had 22,000 miles when traded.