2003 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
Best small SUV available
By Kingofposen on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We love our Light Tundra ES-V6. Heated Leather, moonroof. Great styling, and handling. Couldn't be happier with our decision to buy a Tribute.

great atTRIBUTEs
By axlr8 on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is our very first SUV and we are very happy with it. The power and handling is comparable to many sports cars and you get a higher driving position that gives you a panoramic view with little or no blind spots. Room is ample for both passengers and cargo. In my opinion, it is also the most beautiful small SUV in the market. And we like the fact that the road is not saturated with them.

Great AtTRIBUTEs!
By sfbase6 on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I went to a Subaru dealer to test drive a Forester because my father owns one and he's very happy with it. The dealer I went to just happened to be a Mazda dealer as well, and they were offering a $5,000 rebate for the 2003 Tributes. I test drove one of the three that was left and totally loved it. I used to drive sport cars and this little SUV was comparable in both power and handling. The stock stereo system sounds great, driving position gives you panoramic view with hardly any blind spots, and I think it is one of the most beautiful SUV's out there.

Zoom Zoom
By itsallgood on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in a Mazda Protege for the Tribute and I love it!!! I have never owned a SUV before and I was a little leery about all the hype about the SUV's and safety. The Tribute handles very well and takes curves on the interstate as well as the Protege did. I feel much safer when driving/riding in it than a car. The interior is roomier than other SUV's I have looked at and the cargo space is great for hauling all the camping gear.

AVOID!!
By Chuck111111 on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Good GOD, stay away. Have this car 3 months, and have had nothing but trouble. Engine quits, transmission has been opened up twice for service. I'm getting so I see the same group of owners in the dealership getting theirs serviced every time I'm there.

Just as much fun to drive as my Harley
By Harley Dude on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Found this little dream by chance and i have to say next to my Harley Davidson this is the best purchase i have ever made for transpertaion. You will never be sorry that you purschased this little Hot Rod. I am 56 years young and have a lot of trucks and this one handles like a Mazda RX8 in some ways. Love it and would buy a new again

Amazing
By Robert Easterday on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

For abd SUV this car drives just like a car without all the hastel of driving a car that is to large. Truly a blessing to drive.

Great little suv
By UPSman63 on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Really have enjoyed this Mazda Tribute..bought in Oct.2001...very peppy engine,stylish,handles like a sports car,seats 4 comfortably,plenty of room for luggage in back and on roof rack..only complaint is I wish it could carry more people..at least sit 6 instead of 5 but that is the only complaint I have..not had any trouble with this vehicle at all! A+++++!

Mazda Tribute LX 2x4
By Edskie on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Mazda Tribute is very fun to drive SUV, it handles more like a sports car then a truck and the engine is powerfull and refined. The styling has a more fun, sporty look to it compared to its Ford Escape counterpart, which by the way is everything the Mazada is except for more truck like styling.

I Love This SUV
By vjneighbors on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car! I was drawn to it by the more stylish body lines than other SUV's, but am really happy with the performance and comfort. This is a beautiful, but functional vehicle. It offers a very large cargo area, and it is very easy to unload groceries, equipment, etc. from the rear. Gas mileage isn't the greatest, but the fun of owning and driving this car more than makes up for that. The fold-down seats are really convenient and easy to use.