2003 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
A Tribute? After 6 months of ownership,
By Tribute on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The overall design is a class look, smooth ride and smooth responsive handling.The Tribute has less of a truck look then its brother the Escape. The Escape seems to have a more rigid supension and is a little more responsive in the steering, which taunts you to play a little harder with the Escape then the Tribute. No problems so far in the first six months of ownership with the Tribute except for a sore elbow from the cheap looking hard plastic interior door panels which need to be upgraded, along with the minor annoyance of wind noise, which is not a problem if you wish to have you music on all the time and loud.

Sweet 16
By Kara on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

For my 16th birthday my father bought me an 02 Mazda brand new. I've had good experience with this car but some bad including water leak above driver side door, they fixed this and it came back cause they caused another leak. I had to get all the interior padding carpet replaced cause the car was soaked. Also my radio nob fell off like the 2nd week i had it when i was turning it. Other thent that i love it just not yalls dealership i get it fixed at.

Too much gas
By Lovett on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A fun car to drive. Gas milage is a problem. Comfortable to drive. Has good get up

Great Vehicle
By Chancesr on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car. Handles well. Excellent in the snow. Fun to drive. Very Dependable. Would highly recomend this car.

The perfect small SUV 4 a sporty family
By Kabulax on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Nice, good price and excellent driving. In the other hand.... there are some features, like cold package, unretractable windows and not illuminated cruise control are not good for the whole concept

Mazda Tribute
By CComerford on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Mazda in the last 13 years. I simply love their automobiles. The are well made and at a good value.

Great Car So Far
By Jholls on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 01 gas hog Dodge Durango (which I absolutely loved) in on my 03 Tribute. So far I am very pleased. I get 20 mpg driving back and forth to work and 25 mpg on the highway. I miss my big V8 but not the $35 it cost to drive each week. I looked at the Honda CRV and Jeep Liberty but Honda wouldn't budge on the price and wanted $$$$$ for options that were standard on the Tribute (luggage rack, fog lights) and the Jeep didn't get any better milage than my Durango and was uncomfortable. So far I am very happy.

Favorite Vehicle Ever
By Lakelover on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my favorite of all the vehicles we have ever owned. It is fun to drive, comfortable, has lots of spunk, great headlights and visibility, good gas mileage, tows well, carries a lot, and is great-looking. What more can you ask?

GREAT LITTLE SUV
By joey72447 on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It was a toss up between the Tribute and the Escape. The Tribute looked better and appeared to be roomier. There were too many confusing models with the Escape and I believe the Escape price was higher for the same options. I chose the Tribute hands down.

I love it
By judyrom1 on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV, so I'm not used to the gas mileage, though i'm not as surprised as everyone seems to be at the lack of it. I have the fully loaded dark titanium 4wd. I absolutely love this thing! I have over 5,000 miles and haven't had a problem yet. It's better looking than any of the others in its class and drives fantastic. If I had the money i'd buy another for my 17 year old daughter. No complaints.