2003 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
Great SUV
By lespitz on 04/30/05 00:05 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great little SUV for the money. The Ford 3.0 V6 performs great. We live in the mtns with tons of snow and the 4wd system performs great along with the 4 wheel ABS. Gets better gas mpg than the Subaru outback wagon we used to own and has more power.

2nd one is better
By jaybud31 on 04/07/05 11:29 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought one in april 2003 brand new 400 miles on it (from transporting) was in the shop m-fri for i think...the first 3 weeks, I got it back on weekends, they couldnt figure out the problem with the engine/cooling lights coming on constantly. I requested after the 4 week, I get to "swap" for a different one, as i had a 1200 mile road trip planned, that was why i bought a new vehicle, so I picked another new one with 15 miles on it in May 2003 paid more, but the 2nd one has been great! no regrets. I love it.

GOOD FUN AND RELIABLE
By vinlanda on 03/04/05 11:26 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Wasn't sure at first, but have grown to like this vehicle. Good pep, sporty style, and easy on the eye. Only downfalls, are the interior collects way to much lint and dirt, and the gas pedal is too hard or sticky. But overall it is a good vehicle and am pleased. Little noisy, but better tires helps that.

My second Tribute
By BC on 12/18/04 21:07 PM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This was my second Tribute having turned in my 2001 Dx for the more luxury ES.Does most things well excpt,sucks gas,13to18mpg,and Continental tires suck big time.Biggest piece of garbage for tires,after 5000 miles they feel square and makes lots of road noise

Tribute Will Tow
By Illinibravada on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Researched and test drove alot of midsize SUV's. Really am pleased with the Tribute. (Wife drives Highlander) Mileage 22 combo city/highway. I also use it to tow my 18 ft bass boat. Vehicle has tow package. I get 18-20 mpg when towing the boat. As my 5 year old says it has alot of zoom zoom dad.

Decent SUV
By spd on 09/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Good power, fun to drive. Problems are that the disc brakes and rotors wore out at abt 30,000 miles. Mazda agreed to pay for it this time as they should have lasted longer. Recently I have a great deal of road noise due to tires wearing in a strange way. They are not worn out, but still have to be replaced. This vehicle is driven mainly on the freeway and should not have these types of problems at this mileage. Also, there is a whistling that occurs on the drivers side at around 70mph. Not a good thing when you spend most of your time on the freeways.

Still Got the Zoom Zoom 1 Year Later!
By MWi1068196 on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Outstanding ownership experience. Traded a 2002 Millenia for my Tribute with no regrets whatsoever. Does everything I want it to do and more! Purchasing experience with the dealership wasn't good, to say the least, but service and maintenance with the local dealership has been fantastic!

The 1st was so good I bought a 2nd one
By stormy on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Tribute. My first was a 2001 and I had no problems with it. The only reason I decided to change out for a new one was when the 2001 tribute was about 8 mths old we were hit from behind and flipped onto the drivers side. 9k damage repaired (mostly cosmetic) it now had squeaks. The new one a 2003 does have several things that they changed that were for the better. Moveable headrests, lumbar on the drivers seat, reconfigured where the defrost button was, and changed the radio slightly. I had no issues with the Tribute the way it was, but these are good changes.

Great Value
By akepley on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute DX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Never owned a mazda before and have been extremely happy. no issues, maintentance problems, drives smooth, nice interior, equip and knobs very functional. I cheaped out and got the 4 cyl-5spd and the 4 cyl is a bit weak, but fuel econ is great for SUV as i get 25-27 regularly. Very smooth, solid, car like drive. I bought due to the incentives and picked it over the Honda CRX and Honda Pilot. Chose Mazda over Ford due to styling and better warranty.

Love It!
By blm on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had an 89 Mazda MX6, bought new, that went through two babies...children, car seats, strollers, trips etc. Needed something bigger and loved the look of the small SUV...Escape as well as Tribute. The Ford dealer wouldn't move on the Escape price they tried to sell me an Explorer, ended up at Mazda and they worked with me. My heart was ultimately set on a Mazda having such great experience in the past and this was the perfect transition from a small car to an SUV. It surprisingly has lot's of space and is really fun and easy to drive. It's very comfortable and it's easy to see when driving (I'm a small person). I love the stylish look as well.