2003 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
beware of jim ellis mazda dealers
By exasperated on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

While the tribute is overall a good car, I have had numerous negative experiences with Mazda in the week since I purchased my car. First, the dealer has been inept - offering me a percentage rate, signing the contract, and then calling me after I've already taken possession of the car and trying to re-negotiate my contract. Second, the day after I brought my car home it began malfunctioning, and the dealer has yet to correct the problems. Third, there is no automatic door unlock on the passenger door - pain for passengers and drivers alike. Overall, pretty good car but sketchy dealers - beware. If it seems like a good deal, read the fine print.

tribute to me!!!
By weiszer on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

the 1st time i ever saw the tribute i knew i had to have it. it was the cutes thing i had ever seen! my in-laws had just bought my sister-in-law a brand new jeep g.c. all they could talk about was how great it was. i would try to tell them about the tribute, they never heard about it! i went on the internet and e-mailed pics. to my mother-in-law. she also thought it was the cutest. i found silver star mazda on the internet, russ found what i was looking for, and now all my relatives can say is your little suv is soooo cute! a tribute to me!

Xlnt SUV
By xvan053 on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The perfect SUV for those who want a good car-like ride with AWD and who don't need to climb mountains.

I Love Tribute
By Jafar on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent Performance & Design ,Reliability

Not bad at all
By abechap on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought after test driving a couple of other SUVs. I Went to Mazda by accident, they let me take one home for the weekend. That was it. My wife loved it when she saw it. Great car for that price. It's FUN to drive.

First Impressions
By Laundryman on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My experience with this vehicle has, so far, been good.I admit that I have not owned ot long enough to give an authoritative critique. However I've found it to be comfortable and well equiped,( having added no extras except for wheel locks). I can live with the sound system although I'd advise in favor of the upgraded sound system if you're really into music as I am.

Great SUV
By Karl on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So far no problems at all. It has been everything I expected!

My New ZOOM ZOOM MOBILE
By Jus4tday on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I love the Tribute. I have really enjoyed driving it and sitting up high with the 16 alloys wheels. It's my first SUV and I love it! ZOOM ZOOM!

Loaded & Love It!
By ptbuckingham on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased my first SUV after much research! Compared to the Ford Escape, the Tribute has many more interior features, and looks much sleeker & sportier. The "cold pkg" & "luxury pkg" are a GREAT VALUE! To get heated seats with the Ford Escape, you have to purchase the "limited" model which is very expensive. Mazda Tribute also has a better warranty 3yr/50 bumper to bumper compared to Escapes's 3 yr/36. I paid just 2% over dealer invoice for a 2003! No body roll & rides like a dream!

So far, so good
By Elmo60 on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven Mazdas for years. They tend to be the same quality as other "Japanese" makes and typically much cheaper. I had debated an SUV for some time but just didn't want to pay 35-40K for a truck. I drove the Tribute and got hooked. I absolutely love the thing. I have a ton of room, It's fun to drive, peppy, etc. I read the reviews of other owners and feel bad for them. I expect it will happen to me as well and might lower my current very high opinion of my Tribute. But,til then, zoom-zoom.