2003 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
It's Okay........I guess
By Lt on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I think it is over priced for the value.I've had it for about a year now and the ride has seemed to gotten worse.

Nice Compact SUV, drives great
By MZCMDR on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very nice ride and suspenion. 4WD is nice. Great visibilty. I like it but there are a few annoying issues that need Human Engineering refinements.

Great Value And Good Looks
By Tyler Bolden on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Tribute. I purchased a 2001 DX/V6 and loved it. I traded it because I receive a good deal for a new 2003. It's a great vehicle for the money and performance.

Mazda Tribute ES
By WBL68 on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A fun machine to drive. Very smooth and speedy performance. Smooth shifting auto transmission. Comfortable seating. Excellent visibility and control knob placements, interior space unimpeded by a floor console shifter.

A comfy little SUV with looks and power.
By JWW on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted a small SUV and based on reviews and recommendations of friends I decided to pursue a Honda CRV. I also liked the Tribute and the reviews were good as well but no one I knew had ever heard of it much less owned one. I set out one Saturday to check out the Tribute on my way to find a CRV and I never made it to Honda. One test drive and two hours later I was driving one home for about $400 below invoice. The power and ride are great and my 6'6" body fits fine. The stereo with in dash cd and rear subwoofer sound terrific. I only have a couple of thousand miles on it as yet but I can't wait for warm weather so I can really see what this baby can do!!

Driving an SUV can be FUN
By Tribute lover on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drove 5 other SUV's and this stood out as the overall winner. Some other SUV's did certain things better - but this was the best package. Wind noise does intrude over 40 MPH, but with the radio on it drowns out the outside noise. This SUV really does handles great. My old car was an Acura Integra and I was worried I'd be bored in an SUV. This car is fun to drive and it is zippy. It has a smooth ride, and lots of cargo space. You have to test drive this car. I drove it last and bought one that day (after driving the other SUV's for 3 months!).

why wouldn't you buy one
By juicymay2 on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

this is the greatest car i ever owned. out of all the suv's around this is the most exciting one (well to me anyway). it is sooooooo comfortable and so easy to drive you feel as if you have the most luxurioussuv in the world. if you dont have one,go get one..............NOW

It's a good car for the money I paid for
By voodoo on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

it (100 over invoice) but Mazda could make it better by fixing the damn wind noise (when going about 50 or faster) and the transmission hesitation problem which also happens around 50 mile/hr.

My story
By 02 whttrib on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been the worst new vehicle I have ever purchased. Many, many problems. It is very fun to drive and the V6 is a great performer, but it all comes at a very expensive cost of satisfaction, dealer trips, questionable cranking, stalling, and overall reliability. It feels extremely cheap.

My experience with Madza
By RJV1284 on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My SUV is more than I expected. Its confort conforms to my needs with the family. I would buy another. Your pricing was very good.