Used 2003 Mazda Tribute SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

Great but for the mileage
By Nibby

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Exceeded expectations in quality and value compared to other brands. Two disapointments. No power door lock switch on front passenger door and poor mileage for V6. 22 will never be achieved but still hoping for 17+ in town. Great 6CD changer and power to spare. Very good ride given relatively short wheel base. Two-way rear door/window opening very convenient. Great value for the $.

See above.

Improve mileage to you achieve advertisements! Put a switch for door locks on passenger door.

Fun and power
By Atong

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I accually bought my Tribute in 2001. Except for some manufacturing defects (ford) it has been a great SUV. I put alot of miles on it every year and so far it it takes me anywhere I need to go and is fun getting me there.

I love the power and for a SUV it handles pretty well once I changed the Firestone tires to Cooper's.

The SUV needs better tires for handling. It also needs better QA at the factory. Oh and a CD player that reads all formats.

I would buy another!
By krysnik

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drove several SUV's before deciding on the Tribute. I chose it over the Escape because of the exterior styling was more pleasing to the eye. This is the only car I have ever had that I would buy another one of. Trust me I am a very picky person!

Exterior styling, 6-cd option with Sunroof, peppy engine

Stereo controls on steering wheel, when in drive the gear stick blocks some of the radio controls.

My Red Mazda
By bytespiece

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased my Mazda Tribute and I just love it. This is the first time I have purchased an SUV and I'm glad I did. It handles great and I have no fear of driving it (media hype had me a little leery of purchasing an SUV). And, it drives so much better than my last car. I can't comment too much on the gas mileage as I haven't had it long enough, but the short time I have had it the gas mileage has been about 22 mpg in the city. Can you tell I really love my Mazda!

My favorite feature is being able to see above the other cars. Really, my favorite feature is the automatic door locks. The feeling of security when you're alone as well as not having to wait until the last minute to open the door (especially when you have your hands loaded).

I would like to see "Moon Roofs" on all SUV's as a standard option. Another thing I would like to see is to have the car a little closer to the ground, otherwise I have no other improvements to suggest.

mazda tribute
By erinana

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

its a cool chick car