Used 2003 Mazda Tribute Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mazda Tribute

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

Fun and power
By Atong

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I accually bought my Tribute in 2001. Except for some manufacturing defects (ford) it has been a great SUV. I put alot of miles on it every year and so far it it takes me anywhere I need to go and is fun getting me there.

Favorite Features

I love the power and for a SUV it handles pretty well once I changed the Firestone tires to Cooper's.

Suggested Improvements

The SUV needs better tires for handling. It also needs better QA at the factory. Oh and a CD player that reads all formats.

Great but for the mileage
By Nibby

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Exceeded expectations in quality and value compared to other brands. Two disapointments. No power door lock switch on front passenger door and poor mileage for V6. 22 will never be achieved but still hoping for 17+ in town. Great 6CD changer and power to spare. Very good ride given relatively short wheel base. Two-way rear door/window opening very convenient. Great value for the $.

Favorite Features

See above.

Suggested Improvements

Improve mileage to you achieve advertisements! Put a switch for door locks on passenger door.

Zoom! Zoom!
By Patriotjim

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Tribby for a few months now. It's been great. I don't get the complaints about the shifter or road noise. Mine is fine. I love the feature that allows you to roll up the windows after you've turned off the engine. Gas milange has been 20 mpg, insurance cost low, great room and driving. Get one. When I bought mine, the Tribby was the better deal over it's sister the Ford Escape (better financing/rebate and warranty).

Favorite Features

You know the routine...shut the car off take out the key...Doh! You forgot to roll up the window! No problem with the Tribby. It allows you a grace period to roll up the windows AFTER you remove the key.

Suggested Improvements

Softer elbow pad on the door. Fold flat front passenger seat would help.

mazda tribute
By erinana

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

its a cool chick car

New Mazda customer
By sandpiper

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am a female that has driven Jeeps for 15 years but they have gotten too expensive for me. Having owned this Mazda for one month, I still have the safety of the SUV with less cost and better gas mileage which I attribute to its being less heavy. Mazda was also wonderful with the financing.

Favorite Features

This SUV has a very quick pickup and a LOT of headroom. It is a lot of fun to drive and the ride is very comfortable. I think what I have noticed most of all is the ABS system - it is AWESOME! One of the best I have experienced.

Suggested Improvements

In a recent downpour, I really needed faster wipers. I had to pull over because I couldn't see anymore. I wish that it came with a full size spare. I also wish it had an automatic door lock when driving as that makes you feel safer especially at night.