Used 2003 Mazda Tribute Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mazda Tribute

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

better than my 01
By Bucky C

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

this is my second.Went in for service (sway bar links)and while it was being fixed ended up with a new one. Had a DX V8 4x4 now have the loaded ES 4x4.leather moonroof the works. two years made a nice improvement,plus a better warrantee,was looking into an Explorer but was too pricy.Thought Id give the Tribute one more try.The 01 had 22,000 miles when traded.

Favorite Features

moon roof,leather seats and stereo

Suggested Improvements

put the damn shift on the floor,e.g.Kia Sorento,give us our own lock for the lift gate and pasenger door!turn signals on the mirrors would be a nice touch as well!

Great all around car
By tributefan

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First time in a truck/SUV. Added this car for the stuff I can't do in my accord (hauling stuff, outdoors stuff, etc). handles just like a car but the suspension isn't too soft and reminds you that you still are in a truck (sort of) Handles/takes corners better than my 02 accord. don't notice a difference Engine and tranny is very responsive and

Favorite Features

Premium sound system, v6, lots of head and shoulder room versus the Santa fe (at least it felt roomier, don't know about the stats).

Suggested Improvements

MPG vs the accord but anyone who buys a SUV should be prepared for that.

SUV Mazda did it!
By Hearts7393

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am very happy with my SUV, I look at others but the Mazda always had my heart! Mazda's have always been my automaker of choice I have owned from the 323, 626 and now the SUV Tribute. I am always on the road and now I can rest a sure that the SUV will be able to handle any type of weather. I commuite to the office over 25 miles each way and the gas mileage is not bad!

Favorite Features

I have all of the toys, sunroof, air, Power steering; ABS brakes; air; cruise, tilt, Lojack; 6 cd player & tape; cargo cover;fog lights; all 4wd; alloy wheels with lug locks; factory alarm; map lights and my color: Sand! Who would or could ask for anything more.......A DVD player too!

Suggested Improvements

auto locks, like the 626 would be a great improvement. My last vehicle was a Mazda and the important feature was the auto locks. Also, a little longer review mirror would help!

I would buy another!
By krysnik

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drove several SUV's before deciding on the Tribute. I chose it over the Escape because of the exterior styling was more pleasing to the eye. This is the only car I have ever had that I would buy another one of. Trust me I am a very picky person!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, 6-cd option with Sunroof, peppy engine

Suggested Improvements

Stereo controls on steering wheel, when in drive the gear stick blocks some of the radio controls.

a tribute to the mazda tribute
By brandie

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

we have had a great experience with this vehicle, i was impressed with the price and quality. it is the first mazda i ever owned but the third for my husband. it is a great suv for a small family needing that extra room, more room than a car. i think that it is comfortable, sporty and gets you to point a to b saftely. i dont feel like i am going to flip over and it is wide enough to give you that comfort of being stable, such a smooth ride, i love my sunroof and the hitch, the kids really enjoy it, it is a vehicle suitable for anyone in the family to drive

Favorite Features

the stereo is the best. it is perfect for a fun day driving with the windows down and playing the radio load and it having enough power to still sound good

Suggested Improvements

work on making it more quite ride , the vehicle is very noisey, you can hear the wind ect. threw the doors or windows