2003 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
THE MAZDA TRIBUTE
By jl on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It is just a great all around SUV. No matter what anybody says

Gettin' use to it...
By sydney on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I like my tribute, which i bought 11/02...i think! I'm mostly getting over the mpg shock. okay, i may be a little lead-footed, but i was hoping for better than 20 mpg, mostly highway driving (was spoiled by my previous Mazda GLC and Protege'). As for sporty and fun...it is. I hate the placement of the gear shift on the column (it makes it difficult to reach radio controls...do i go over or under the gear stick???) I'm still getting use to the blind spot on passenger rear side, and have hit my herbie curbie twice to prove it. Overall, i like it, but like a good pair of shoes, gotta' break it in.

I love my Tribute
By Barb604 on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

When they say zoom zoom zoom, they were talking about my car.

Tribute
By lissa on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really love my Mazda Tribute, it drives well and has lots of room inside. The wind noise is pretty bad on the interstate.

gas guzzler
By wedgeclose on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

took delivery in mid january...got a very good price on the car...a rare LX with luxury pkg. including sun-roof in lt. tundra (green). the sales experience was fun but i'm glad we did our homework on pricing and invoices. we got it out of there for $24K. the car is really pretty and there were no flaws whatsoever. They gave us a free tank of gas which is good because if they had given us only a 1/4 tank we would have run out before we got home. 30 miles! Very disappointed in the gas mileage.

tribute
By Don Lewis on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It looks fantastic. Has many features. Great power.

Overall a Great SUV
By bb29 on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle with many options at a good price.

Excellant Value
By renabg on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I gave my wife a choice of new cars. I actually had a Mercedes C320 set aside at the dealership for her. She being a "High Maintenance Girl", I thought that she'd bite on that in a New York minute. However, she held firm on the Tribute and it was a great decision. In fact, since it is my turn to get a new car, I opted for a Mazda6 instead of a Mercedes, BMW or Lexus. I still think that they are superior cars, but the Mazda6 at half (or less) their price is irresistable.

THE ZOOMSTER HAS SPOKEN
By ZOOMSTER on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

THIS IS A REAL SPORTS UV!!! AND WHEN I SAY SPORTS I MEAN ITS A REAL MAZDA. EVERY THING THAT I HAVE EVER DRIVEN THAT MAZDA BUILDS HAS SUPERIOR HANDLING OVER THE COMPETITION. THIS ONE IS NO EXEPTION. THIS IS THE FUNNEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED. IT EVEN HAS A SPORTS TUNED EXHAUST FROM THE FACTORY. MOST PEOPLE THINK IT IS ENGINE NOISE BUT TO ANY ONE WHO OWNS A MAZDA ITS MUSIC TO THIER EARS. MOST OF THE 200 H.P. KICKS IN @ HIGHER RPMS BUT DONT THINK IT IS ONE BIT GUTLESS. ZOOM-ZOOM

Perfect Answer to Your Boring CuteUte
By zaimon on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

In the time I've spent with my Tribute I've mostly had the best owner's experience! At first there were a few trips to the dealer to handle minor annoyances in certain parts, otherwise nothing major. The sporty handling and performance of the v6 leaves little to be desired. The 4wd system reacts quickly and works well in ice and snow! One major criticism, FUEL EFFICIENCY. I've never been able to get decent fuel mileage (averaging 18.1 mpg) on this car, although I admit I don't drive too conservatively, I would expect more out of the car, however. If there's a price to pay for excellent handling and performance, fuel consumption would probably be the one I'd choose.