2003 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
1 year of research brought me to MAZDA
By K. Abbruzzese on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

being single and buying a car!!!WOW I was not looking forward to that experience, but was treated well at Mazda City. LOVE my Tribute. I researched on the internet for over a year, test drove a dozen cars over my spring break - for the money this Tribute is a joy to own.

Nice car/suv
By jbertha on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

very peppy, handles like a car, corners nicely, easy entry/exit, smooth ride, great in snow very stable

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM
By KRDK21 on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have my LX-4x4 for one month. I have not experienced ant problems as yet. Gave back a Mountaineer at lease end so I'm happy with the mileage on my Trib'. Give this one a look if you're in the market for a cute ute. I don't think you'll be disapointed.Don't let the gear shift lever radio issue stop you from lookin it over.

Tribute = Great Buy
By tmcgann2 on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I think that the Tribute is a well-made vehicle. I have owned one for over a year now and I have not had any problems with it. I can't say that about my previous vehicles ('98 Passport, '96 SC2, '89 Daytona, '81 TC3). There also have not been any recalls on the Tribute either.

Zoom Zoom Zoom
By vgv on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Tribute!! It looks great and drives great. The leather interior is absolutely gorgeous and the V6 engine has a lot of pep. Before I decided to buy my car, I investigated the other mini SUVs and discovered that the Tribute definitely offers more bang for the buck. The new warranty (4 yrs, 50K miles) was the extra icing on the cake. Perspective buyers just need to watch out for that Theft Guard scam. The finance rep at the dealership got an extra $795 out for a product that I didn't need nor want. I can't blame Mazda for that scam, only the dealership. I wouldn't buy another car from that dealership if they were giving them away.

Very Happy so far
By parker1028 on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just got the vehicle but it has been a pleasure to drive. I'm very happy to date. I've also seen some complaints about engine and wind/road noise but I haven't heard anything out of the ordinary.

Good Choice
By baumgadx on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After looking at a number of other vehicles my wife and I decided to purchase the Mazda Tribute. It was the best bang for our buck. Drives and runs smoothly, we really enjoy it. Has more passenger room then some of the other midsize SUV's (Pathfinder & Lexus come to mind). Paid about $100 over invoice after a bit of haggling but paid well below edmunds TMV price for a fully loaded ES-V6!

Control Switches
By W. Head on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Seventh new vehicle owned and rate it second only to my 1993 Ranger. Only complaint is complexity of controls for windshield wiper, all lights, radio and clock. My dealership failed to explain these items in spite of them being on the Mazda check off list.

Fun to drive
By Her truck on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my '99 Ford Expedition for the Tribute.Really fun to drive. Handles great in the snow, better than the Expedition. Much better gas milage. Enough room for a family of 4. Can get many options and accessories without spending lots of money. Great vehicle for the price. Very happy with it so far.

I Love My Tribute!
By wgBeethovenV on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Being a senior citizen with a diabetic physical handicap, I had my share of problems entering sedan (low seating) type vehicles. With the Tribute this problem no longer exists. Its height affords the driver an ease of entry together with a very comfortable/roomy driving position. The "over the hood" windshield viewing area is superior . The maneuverability and handling of the miniSUV feels like a sedan most likely due to its unique suspension and steering ratio. Great vehicle for the price!