Used 2003 Mazda Tribute DX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

Great SUV!
By Brazmunkee

2003 Mazda Tribute DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this 2003 Tribute for my daughters who are competitive surfers as it has adequate room and a very good reputation. However, I like driving it so much they have to fight me to use it. I LOVE this little vehicle. It's just a blast to drive and it gets GREAT gas mileage. It's not the quality of my 2003 Toyota 4Runner, but it's more fun to mess around in and I'm not so burdened my the 4Runner's weight and size.

Sporty-fun-sports car-like steering, transmission and suspension. Gas mileage is awesome. Easy to perform regular maintenance.

Quality could be better, but it's no where near the price we paid for our Toyotas, so, I'm really not complaining. We had a Toyota RAV4 for awhile and the quality of that car wasn't really any better than that of the Tribute.

It's a great car
By nn

see below

I like the size -- not too small, yet large enough to be practical.

It sounds like the door seals in front are leaking. There's a lot of air sound coming in.

In the shop alot
By paula

2003 Mazda Tribute DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

From the very first day we purchased the vehicle it's been in the shop about 1 1/2 months. It stalls, safety restraint system fails, clutch went out, and ignition switch busted. Plus other little things. The list is too long to write all of it.

Looks nice and stylish.

Get away from Ford.

Excellent Vehicle
By

2003 Mazda Tribute DX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a 2003 Tribute a month ago and I absolutely love it!!!!! It handles exceptionally well. Visibility is great!!! It has plenty of room and I love the sound system. I would definetely recommend this vehicle to anyone that is looking for a stylish, comfortable and reliable SUV.

I like the way the gear shifts easily. I also like the way it handles and it is very good on gas mileage.

Back windows do not let down completely. Seats could be softer and the ingnition could be more visible.