Very satisfied after 1st year
By AllieB on
2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I really have liked my Mazda Tribute. I went for all the bells and whistles and glad it did. The exterior design is fabulous, and the interior is very functional with lots of room for 4-5 people. The vehicle size is perfect for anyone who wants an SUV with power, but doesn't want those huge Suburban- type cars. Rides smoothly like a car. At 9,000 miles my car stalled at 40 mph, but I had it serviced and they have reprogrammed my onboard computer due to a communication issue with a celltower. I have had no further problems with the vehicle. Customer service at the dealership has been great.
Favorite Features
Love the cargo space, vehicle height getting in/out of car, exterior design, in-dash CD changer, great leg room in back seat, thick rubber floor mats are terrific for managing dirt and snow. Handles nimbly and easy to drive.
Suggested Improvements
Move the gear shift! Need More cargo- space cubbies in rear. Seats even with lumbar support are too stiff for long rides. Better gas mileage! Wish vent had option for turning off outside air when needed. Too much road noise. Cargo net is worthless.