2002 Mazda Tribute 3.0L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - My 2002 Tribute Review

2002 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Review

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

ES-V6 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

My 2002 Tribute Review
By bluehills55 on

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 9 months and 12,500 miles, all I can say about my Tribute is that it has been a real pleasure ride and there's not a day that goes by that someone compliments the exterior design and looks of this SUV (I have black). I just came back from Florida and put the 4WD to the test on the most sandiest and secluded beaches without any problems. You never know your driving a SUV.It drives, feels and handles like a higher end mid size car. The only problem I have had was a broken back seat latch which the dealer replaced and the horn stopped working (not sure why yet and have an appt with the dealer). No other problems.

Favorite Features

6 cd changer and stereo really cranks, color black with running boards and the V6 (strongly recommend).

Suggested Improvements

Make the shifter even smaller so it's not obstructing the radio/stereo control knobs. The cruise control buttons need to be illuminated for night driving. The dome lights needs to be positioned better, towards the front more or above the rear view mirror.