2002 Mazda Tribute Consumer Review: Loveit/Hate it

2002 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Review

Loveit/Hate it
By Lisbek on

2002 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it in 6/02, edited version: door chime rang nonstop when door open, replaced ignition. Happened again and finally fixed. Dashboard scratched during repair, replaced under warranty for being "warped". Odometer replaced (didn't work after dash replaced)resetting the mileage to zero. Incorrect mileage written on door jam sticker. Replaced: master cylinder, drivers seat, drivers side mirror. Repaired: rear window washer (X2), speaker, Air con vent stuck. Currently the power seat won't lower the back half and the replacement seat is developing a lump under the fabric like the first seat. I am going to pursue Mazda buying back the vehicle.

The styling. The get up and go. Handling. Comfort. I have had a lot of people come up to me and ask me about it. I really do like my Tribute I am just tired of the nonstop problems.

Too much road noise, the gear shift should be shorter. Brake dust on the front wheels. A new dealership took over Mazda where I live and I have taken it in twice and both times the service reps commented on the amount of warranty repairs, it is up to a page and a half. Ridiculous!