Great Over the Long Haul - 4+ years
By ameliacatz on
2002 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I've had this vehicle for almost 5 years now and overall it has been great. I've had very few problems and it has been economical to maintain. There have been a few recalls which were handled without problem. I did need to have the power sunroof repaired when it decided to stop closing, but it was under warranty and the dealer rushed me in without an appointment the day I called and I've had no problems since. As to brake usage, I'm still using the original set. At the 50,000 service they said it would need brakes next time. My '96 Chevy Blazer needed brakes every 20,000 miles! I just replaced the original tires a few months ago. I've enjoyed driving the vehicle!
Favorite Features
Better than average mileage for an SUV. Right in line with EPA estimates. Good looks and trim. Fun to drive. 4WD as needed or push button for always on. Drives well in snow and rain. Like 60/40 split rear seats. Crate for our large dog fits easily with room for our son too. 6-CD changer is great.
Suggested Improvements
They need to have a one-fold system for the back seats for cargo. It's no fun folding the seat parts all around when you're standing in the rain. Rear wiper design needs improvement as wiper can't be cleaned under without re-seating. Less brake dust from front wheels.