2002 Mazda Tribute Consumer Review: AOK by me

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Review

AOK by me
By teleskier on

2002 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had the Trib for 3 months, but so far I've enjoyed my purchase. My biggest concern was performance in snow, as I live in a mountainous region and like to ski. The Trib has done fine driving through snow storms and up snowy mountain roads. It also holds all my gear with out a problem. I like the power it has to go up Mountain passes and to cruise on the highway. The roof rack could be a little higher as the clamps for Thule ski rack I put on don't have enough clearance off the roof. The gas milage is disappointing, I've been averaging 18-19 mpg with a combination of highway and city driving. R

Good road performance, handles well. Cargo space handles recreation gear and a bike fits in easily with the rear seats folded down. Nice stereo system. I like the styling.

Automatic transmission shifter could be shorten a couple of inches. The windshield has pitted rather easily in my opinion. When driving at highway speeds, wind noise from the driver side window is enough to be noticable. The window is shut as tight as possible.