2002 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
If only it had a better gas mileage
By polarsand on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV DX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A great overall car to own. Beware of the gas mileage!

Great SUV
By Michelle B. on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I sincerely enjoy my tribute! It is big enough to compete with the other SUV's on the road, but I don't feel like I'm driving a tank either. It is easy to handle, and I love all of the safety features. A great car that is fun to drive, and I always get complimented on it!

Great all around SUV!
By JLee on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I did a lot of shopping before deciding on the Tribute. The second choice was a Honda Pilot but comparably equipped it was over $6K more and drove more like a Minivan! The Tribute is an excellent all around SUV. I traded an Isuzu Trooper that we had owned for 10 years. While it lacks the space of a full size SUV like the Trooper, it more than makes up for it in handling, ride and overall driving enjoyment. The styling of the Tribute appears much more "upscale" than the comparable Escape. When BMW comes out with an SUV based on the 3 series, the Tribute will be the benchmark!

Tribute One Tough SUV
By Timothy Doherty on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV DX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We love the look's and power of it. We purchased it to tow our colemen camper with it, witch it does with no problem. Any one who needs a great looking suv with get uo and go with a price tag of under$20,000 should look at this baby. Tim Doherty

I love to zoom zoom!
By zoomzoom on 08/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Tribute is a great mix of practicality and sportyness. I have thoroughly enjoyed my Tribute. It is a great value for the money and towers about its class. The CRV and RAV4 seem cheaper but with options they end up being more expensive with a smaller engine and a rougher ride. I put 5000 miles on my Tribute in the first two months and I have had no problems thus far. While the interior is plain it is practical and you can't get more without paying a lot more money. I don't mind the odd gear shift--it actually makes a nice hand rest when you are flipping through radio stations and allows for more storage space between seats. Zoom zoom!!

Good looks and great handling
By Lhoward on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have been researching SUVs for months. The Toyota Highlander, Hyundai Santa Fe and Toyota RAV 4 were also on my list of hopefuls and I test-drove each one. What sold me on the Tribute is the handling, power of the V6 and the std. options available on the ES trimline. Because of a fleet program my Company participates in and a rebate offered by Mazda, I got my Tribute for $1,600 below dealer invoice. The Highlander is also nice but too costly once you add all of the same options offered in the Tribute.

This is the ONE
By Mojo on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have finally found the perfect SUV to fit my lifestyle. I have been looking for something to fit my tastes as well as my budget and the '02 Tribute ES-V6 was the perfect match. The ride is smooth and handles just like my wife's Mitsubishi Galant. The interior is plush and the exterior is sleek and stylish. I would defintitely recommend this to anyone out there in the market for a compact SUV.

Classy Appearance
By jchris on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I saw one on the road and was immediately drawn to it back in 2000. I went to look at one right away. I was impressed and I thought the exterior and interior complimented one another and was impressed that it seemed to look and feel more like a car than a truck. Overall it fit my desire to not be too sporty or to be too much like a luxury SUV.

New, but I love it
By fast24monte on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Although I never thought I would buy anything other than a Chevy, I'm in love with my Tribute. The ride is comparable to a car. Good pickup and a smooth ride. My only real complaint is the AWFUL gas mileage. With the right option packages, this small SUV is the perfect alternative to a car. Unfortunately, I think there is significant power loss with the air conditioner running. Other than that, I love my Tribute.

Nice for a small SUV
By CreamCorn on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Driven for 2000 Miles with no issues. Found that after 1000 the transmission was a little more responsive whle in OD. Nice classic look that will not go out of style unlike others in the same catagory.