Used 2002 Mazda Tribute Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mazda Tribute

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

Most Helpful|
Problems Starting Vehicle
By Stranded & Mad

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle won't start. It takes about 4 tries before the car finally starts. This has happened countless times. The service person can't find the problem. Previously had the stalling problem twice. Had the door molding start coming down. Headlight has condensation in it. Hear squeking noise on the passenger door panel. Accelerator gets stuck & suddenly accelerates. To much brake dust.

Favorite Features

Passenger space, storage space, cd stereo system.

Suggested Improvements

RECALL this car. Someone is going to die.

Bad Experience. Good Timing
By doreen

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just want everyone to know, I test drove a brand new Mazda Tribute that only had 35 miles on it and it stalled while I was in the car with the salesperson. That is not good

Save Your Money-Spend it Elsewhere
By Mazda-Hater

2002 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Actually I have a 2002 Mazda that had to have a new transmission at only 18,000 miles. The dealership was very unhelpful. First they stated that compressor for the air conditioner came in but, after a week they stated not all the parts were there (who knows why it took them a week to discover this). Then they did not have the tool to fix the car (I would think that they had tools to fix the cars they sold). They had our car for two weeks and still did not fix two of the three problems (one was supposed to be fixed by the new transmission). I would not recommend this car to my worse enemy! We are currently looking to replace the car.

Favorite Features

Nothing that would encourage me to buy the car.

Suggested Improvements

Everything-Reliability and the Dealerships that sell the vehicle should be more concerned with customer satisfaction!!!!!!!

crap car
By jhouse123179

2002 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

this vehicle has been nothing but trouble. I've had to replace the following: Engine, Coolant Reservoir, Headlights, Tie Rods, Control Arms, Rear Wiper Motor, Windshield needed re- sealed, Rear hatch window needed adjusted so it wouldn't leak, Rear hatch Door Needed adjusted didn't close properly, Sun Roof Doesn't open properly...switch sticks, Transmission doesn't shift properly, brakes wear very fast even the rotor's. It's only been 2 years and this is what I get! Am I supposed to assume the Air Bags will work if I ever needed them? I've only driven it 61 000 km's it's got 19000 km's left on manufacturer's warranty the hole car has almost been replaced.

Favorite Features

Four Wheel Drive system is Good works will in snow. 6 disc cd player is good option.

Suggested Improvements

Most of they vehicle needs major improvments. Read above review for complete story.

Dissapointment
By Seadog

2002 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

No question the performance and power for this SUV were great. But I had it in 4 times for repairs to the drivers outside mirror (vibrated)a rattle in the right rear and an engine failure. The egine was fixed but they were never able to fix the other things.

Favorite Features

Get up and go. Exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

anoying details could be easly fixed with more attention. I did not like the ignition key hole. It was ahrd to find in the dark.