2002 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
The perfect ute?
By willob on 03/06/02 11:46 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We love our Tribute so far. Good height, excellent milage, roomy, nice ride. Seems to answer all needs.

2002 Mazda Tribute Review
By bud on 03/04/02 23:36 PM (PST)

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Drives like a sports car. Strong V6 has great acceleration. Highway gas mileage averaging 23.8 mpg. Power sunroof is great, no drafs or wind noise.

Best Small SUV
By Big Tom on 03/02/02 12:35 PM (PST)

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Test drove and priced several small SUVs. I am 6'9". This one has plenty of head and leg room and is comfortable to drive. I have the ES model and it has everything to offer that vehicles selling for $10000 more have. The gas economy is a little weak but appears to match other 6 cylinder vehicles with the same horsepower.

Tribute - fun to drive
By gapake on 02/27/02 10:55 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was one of the first to buy a new Tribute. It was fun to drive and easy to maneuver. The only problem I have is it hurts my toes to drive. I am 5'3" and when I have to drive in stop-and-go driving, my foot does not rest on the peddle so I have to use my toes. The seat is higher than my non-SUV car so I am thinking that is the problem. Does anyone else have trouble with the peddles?

Mazda Tribute A Women's perfect car.
By school teacher on 02/26/02 23:16 PM (PST)

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the ES V6 2wheel drive. I compared it to other mini SUV's and liked the ride, leather seats, power driver's seat and power to get on the freeway. Plenty of room for bringing home stuff from the nursery. I love sitting up high and seeing more of the road. I'm barely 5' tall and need the optional step tubes. It's a great option, particularily for women.

Love MY Tribute
By luvmytrib on 02/17/02 23:17 PM (PST)

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I just got ours this week. We love it. The way it handles, the ride, the power. We just love it. Test drove an Escape and it doesn't compare. Showed it to my inlaws and they are thinking of getting one. I will write another review in a few months updating how things are going with my new Trib.