2002 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
Still Happy with Mazda Tribute
By Chuck 1 on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It has been almost a year already and I am still happy with the Tribute. I had only minor warranty work done so far. Like the rubber coming loose in the dashboard and the sagging headliner, both were fix with no problem afterward.

Very Satisfied
By noname on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Surprisingly satisfied. I test drove the Grand Cherokee, Trailblazer, Bravado and Montero Sport. The Tributes comfort was better than any (except Bravado). It's performance was better that most. It's perfect for me. Mileage 1st tank 18.5, second 19.5. Go the ES model.

BEST, AFFORDABLE, RELIABLE
By trexy2 on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

GREAT SUV in style and performance...Choose the es-v6 4wd!!!

This SUV Rocks!
By Satisfied Driver on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought an ES-4WD three weeks ago. I already racked up 1600 miles. So far I've been very impressed. After driving a sports car for seven years, I wanted a car-based mini-SUV with somewhat similiar performance. The Tribute doesn't disappoint. It's quite nimble to drive and has plenty of power to boot. Fuel economy averages about 20 a gallon ... not too shabby. I've test-driven a few other mini-SUV (Honda CRV, Toyota Rav4 ...), I think the Tribute is definitely a good buy for its class.

Love it!
By MichaelB on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my Tribute for almost a year and absolutely love it. I have had one minor problem (faulty sensor caused check engine light to come on).

GREAT AFFORDABLE ES-V6 TRIBUTE
By TREXY on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

CAR-LIKE RIDE, GREAT ACCELERATION, STEREO SOUND IS GREAT....limited package at TOYOTA`S HIGHLANDER starting price !!!!!!!

It's really a FORD
By Monica on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute DX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Tribute in February 2002 and had to take it in 5 weeks/1800 miles later. They found a leak in a seal in the transmission and corrected it. However, my car still bucks, spits, amd misses to this very day. I have taken it back three times and the dealership has told me they all run this way and nothing is wrong. I am meeting with a factory rep next week and if that doesn't resolve the issue, I will be pursuing the lemon law. I doubt that I will ever buy another Mazda again, especially since Ford has started putting their parts in them.

All I hoped For in SUV
By Iowa Tribute Fan on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I test drove several SUV's - Liberty, Xterra, Escape, Santa Fe, Vue, Montero Sport. We felt the Tribute was easily the best overall. It's roomy, has plenty of power, comfortable ride for an SUV, reasonably quite on the road, and looks great. Gas mileage is descent for a 200 HP V6. Been averaqing 18-19 in city driving so far in just 1500 miles. Like everyone else, our only complaint is that gear shifter partially blocks volume on radio when in drive. However, I've already found myself reaching around it without thinking about it. This vehicle really is fun to drive. I can tell a lot of people take a good look at it on the road.

Viewpoint from a Professor
By Professor on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute DX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my 2001 Tribute DX/V6 for a little more than a year. Call it luck, or simply a reasonably well-designed vehicle, no problems at all @ almost 40,000 miles. With the exception of some wind noise at highway speeds, and wishful better fuel economy...pretty satisfied with my purchase. I would encourage a tight maintenance schedule however.

Dissapointment
By Seadog on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

No question the performance and power for this SUV were great. But I had it in 4 times for repairs to the drivers outside mirror (vibrated)a rattle in the right rear and an engine failure. The egine was fixed but they were never able to fix the other things.