2002 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
Mazda Tribute 2002
By rbarea on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the Tribute for $250 over real invoice with side airbags, premium sound system and tow pkg. To make it look a little nicer I purchased the wood pkg. for the interior and it looks great. No problems after 5000 miles. Getting about 20 MPG with majority of the driving being stop and go. Only complaint is I wish the engine was more quiet, but hey...

2002 ES Model
By jake on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I sent a request thru Mazda web site and dealer e-mailed the next day. I got a quote over the phone for below invoice. Bought it. Nice SUV.

2002 ES Model
By Jake on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

TRIBLOVER
By TRIBLOVER on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

MY TRIBUTE WAS A MOTHERS DAY PRESENT AND I REALLY LOVE IT. IT HANDLES LIKE A HEAVIER SUV, BUT NOT LIKE A TRUCK. THE CARGO ROOM IS GREAT BECAUSE I HAVE 2 BOYS AND LOTS OF HAULING TO DO. I WOULD RECOMMEND ONE TO ANYONE LIKE ME WHO CAN'T AFFORD THE BIGGER SUV'S, BUT SILL WANTED HIGH STYLE.

Mini SUV Exceeds My Expectations
By NewTributeDriver on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Looked at all the similar sized models of mini suvs. This came out on top by far. Lot's of standard creature comforts. Lots of interior space and storage cubbies and pockets. Has a much bigger feel than it is. I got this one completely loaded...no option left unturned and it was still a reasonable price considering.

Best value in mini-SUVs
By cobraal on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We just rolled over 10K trouble-free miles in our 2wd Tributes ES. The Tribute has to be the best value in the mini-SUV market. It has as much or more passenger room (especially in the backseat) and cargo room as some midsize SUVs but in the size and price of a mini-SUV. My wife likes the driving position, its small proportions and low step-in height. It handles well for a tall vehicle, has great power, brakes and steering. The biggest surprise has been how smooth and quiet the engine and ride are. Plus we get 22 mpg in normal driving. Great value, highly recommended.

mazda tribute ES
By ed villere on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Tribute. Since I bought my 1st Mazda GLC in 1982, I have owned 12 Mazdas. I have purchased both new and used and at present own the Trbute, 1998 2500 truck,and 1996 MX-6. The only things I would change on my TRibute are the following: add compass and thermometer to rear view mirror, temperature setting automatically on air conditioning, auto door lock when the car put in gear, cd player that has random disc to disc capabilities, That's about it.

11K enjoyable miles
By wooster on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased our Tribute last October with the works. My wife and I really love how it handles and rides. We take turns driving it and often fight over whose turn is next. We did have the car in the shop once for warranty work on the passenger door lock. The power lock jammed and the dealer had to replace the lock mechanism and interior door panel after it cracked upon removal. I won't hold the problem against Mazda, so long as it remains an isolated incident. It was kind of a freak occurence. The dealer took care of the problem promptly.

Still Happy with Mazda Tribute
By on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It has been almost a year already and I am still happy with the Tribute. I had only minor warranty work done so far. Like the rubber coming loose in the dashboard and the sagging headliner, both were fix with no problem afterward.

first review
By clementsn on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great little SUV. I would highly recommend it.