Used 2002 Mazda Tribute SUV Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

The Mean Machine
By Nyame Lavan

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my 2002 Mazda Tribute! It is a good reliable car and is fun to drive. I've taken it through some pretty bad roads..and even off the roads! and it has always handled great, what an aggressive machine! :)

Mazda Tribute at its finest
By E. ELLISON

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV DX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had my Mazda Tribute Lx V6 2002 for 14 years. I do my own maintenance on it. I change my motor oil every 5000 miles. I use a high capacity oil and gas filter and I use synthetic or high mileage 5w-20. I change my belts and replace my spark plugs. I replace the manifold gaskets. I like my cars because I bring the 24v V6 200Hp to bear against peole who underestimate its power.

Every 6 to 8 years, the alternator goes out. I just replace it and go on with it. The truth is that all cars have issues. Some issues are caused by the owner's igorance of components of the car and mechanics not tightening components.

never buy a tribute
By Angel Pereira

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had just bought my 2002 tribute 4 weeks ago and it started losing power and this past Saturday it cot on firer totaled the vehicle luckly everyone got out ok had pregnant daughter 4 year old grandson and would of had my 9 month old granddaughter thank god her mother got off work early that day now stuck with no money no transportion and lots of head aches come to fined out its a manufactory defect

HORRIBLE!!
By avalencia

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My first car and I HATE it. Literally one thing after another kept breaking down and has had 2 recalls from Mazda since I have had it. I drove it about 20 times if even that because it was always in the shop. The last thing that went bad was the head gaskets and I need to sell the truck as is because to fix it, it was $1600. If you don't want to go broke, do NOT buy this p.o.s.

nothing

everything

best car ive ever owned
By moparman15

2002 Mazda Tribute SUV DX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

got it in 2002 brand new, drive it everyday since now 100k miles...NOT ONE PROBLEM! the only thing thats been replaced is the battery. This thing can fly never expected it to be so fast. The steering is a little too tight but over all best car ive ever owned.

Radio, the screen stopped working and the steering is a little too tight