Used 2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

never buy a tribute
By Angel Pereira

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had just bought my 2002 tribute 4 weeks ago and it started losing power and this past Saturday it cot on firer totaled the vehicle luckly everyone got out ok had pregnant daughter 4 year old grandson and would of had my 9 month old granddaughter thank god her mother got off work early that day now stuck with no money no transportion and lots of head aches come to fined out its a manufactory defect

2002 Tribute
By Chubart

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The main problem I've had with this car are the trouble lights. It has been in two accidents and they've never quite fixed the wiring.

Very comfortable to drive. Good seat adjustments. Good fit. Peppy engine and easy to maneuver.

The wiring that runs under the front seats should be sturdier. Sometimes people sitting in the back can affect the wiring with their feet.

Tess's view
By tess

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent! Room for two car seats. Only small SUV with 1. leather (easier to wipe off children's mess) 2. sky/sun/moon roof (after a convertable, I really needed to see the sky! it makes watching out door events fun for the kids who like to stand up to see what's going on--& no, the car isn't moving; 3. roomier than the jeep or ford, 4. interior is better looking than the jeep or ford 5. handled a top rack and a bicyle rack, 6.options for the Tribute offer more of what I wanted than either the honda, ford, or jeep. The instrument panel in the jeep is highlighted and better for visual acuity. Over all, I'd buy another one, lots of fun and easy to take care of.

looks cool, nice trunk/compartment, has enough power, nice steering and braking, after 4 years it still looks new and is in great shape. You feel safe AND cool!

better visual dials on dashboard, heated seats

Problems Starting Vehicle
By Stranded & Mad

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle won't start. It takes about 4 tries before the car finally starts. This has happened countless times. The service person can't find the problem. Previously had the stalling problem twice. Had the door molding start coming down. Headlight has condensation in it. Hear squeking noise on the passenger door panel. Accelerator gets stuck & suddenly accelerates. To much brake dust.

Passenger space, storage space, cd stereo system.

RECALL this car. Someone is going to die.

I love my Tribute!!
By piazzafan

2002 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Tribute. I've owned it for over a year and have had no problems at all. It is a lot of fun to drive and looks great too. I also liked it better than the Ford Escape (the Escape has rubber on lower body instead of being painted). It has great power and brakes and tight steering. I would buy another one in a heartbeat!

I love the moonroof, 6 cd player, V6 engine, and leather seats. It's very comfortable to drive and easy to get in and out of. In my opinion, it's the nicest looking small SUV available. Great value for the money, as well.

Move the gear shift to the floor. It looks sportier and also allows for easier access to audio controls. Cruise control buttons should light up. Gray interior should be available with white exterior (like the Escape).