2002 Mazda Tribute 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2002 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

DX 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
It's a Ford, people.
By rjpaxton on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mazda Tribute DX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased the 2WD DX model instead of a small pickup, and were pretty happy with it for a few months. It looks great from the outside, and the interior design is well-thought out and easy to work with. It's slooooow, though I'm sure the V6 is zippier. Decent handling once you put good tires on it. Problems with: stereo, driver's side window, rear hatch window, failed wheel bearing, clutch pedal squeak, clutch chatter. Quality wholly unacceptable.

Tribute Summary
By stev on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute DX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Here is a summary of the rest of the board. Fun to drive, looks great, good power, and nice ride. Should change the location of gear shifter, noise at high speeds, gas mileage, mud flaps, cheap "leather", lighted cruise control, ignition light-up, and steering wheel radio control. There has been some stalling early in purchase and customer service is horrible. I agree with all but the last two, knock on wood.

So far so good
By Jaddy on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mazda Tribute DX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Tribute for a year now and have no troubles. The ride is very smooth, and the drivetrain is surprisingly responsive, considering the low-end power package. The interior is very roomy for all five passengers, with plenty of cargo area as well. The only negatives I have noticed is in the transmission. It can be difficult to shift gears at higher rpms, and it has a tendency to spin the tires too easily when accelerating from a stop. But overall, I'm very pleased.