2001 Mazda Tribute Consumer Review: Reliable, solid and a blast to

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Review

Reliable, solid and a blast to drive
By bill-l on

2001 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Tribute--I've had it nearly a year, and have had no significant problems. It has great handling, acceleration and braking for an SUV, and I love the exterior looks and the interior comfort. The ride is smoother than any other SUV I test drove or have ever ridden in. You can keep your $75,000 Hummers--When I'm driving in my Tribute, I'm King of the Road--for 1/3rd the price! Zoom Zoom!!

The premium 7 speaker audio system with 6-disc CD changer sounds great. The roof rack and fold-down seating makes it easy to schlep home the supplies for my latest project from Home Depot. The AC system keeps me frosty even in the worst Washington, DC heat and humidity.

You'll get used to the stupid shift lever. The interior lighting needs improvement, especially around the ignition. For a small SUV the gas mileage could be better. The road noise problem has been helped with the addition of aftermarket Vent Visors on the windows.