My Tribute .....
By Mike P on
2001 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I really enjoy this truck. I also own a 91 Miata which was my daily driver before I bought the truck. My wife's car is a 2000 Maxima SE. The truck has a tight and comfortable feel. Very responsive and rides more like a car than a truck. I test drove the Xterra, Sante Fe, Rav 4, CRV & Suzuki & Escape. I like the Tribute best. The Escape has a cheaper looking interior and unpainted body moldings making it look unfinished in comparison. The others either were under powered or felt more truck-like in their ride. The Hyundai had nice styling but felt slightly underpowered.
Favorite Features
I really enjoy the 6 disc changer and 190 watt stereo. You can't beat the safety features of front & side airbags along with the ABS for the money. The ride is smooth and a pleasure to drive.
Suggested Improvements
The shifter blocks the rear defroster button, after a few days of driving it doesn't bother you anymore. I wish the passenger side would have automatic door unlock capabilities also. (Not a big deal with the remote lock/unlock keychain)