I've had my Tribute for 6 years now
By Meredith on
2001 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I came on here looking for how long Tribute's last for but I can't find anyone with higher miles than mine. I currently have 124,000 miles and yes, I've been needing to replace a few things, but they all seem like normal wear and tear. However, I'm a little worried because of the high miles and can't afford costly repairs, but I LOVE my car. I've been pricing used ones, haha, yes I am thinking about getting another one. It's due for a tie-rod replacement and I need to have the spark plugs replaced, which will all hopefully be done this weekend. Also, my ash/trash tray thing on the backseat driver's side door has fallen out, for no reason, but otherwise, cosmetically, it's doing well.
Favorite Features
Leather seats, premium sound, room, overall look - it still doesn't look dated.
Suggested Improvements
Of course, move the handle away from the stereo, which I think they've since improved upon, more storage space up front
By gam4
on 01/28/11 07:39 AM (PST)

Mine has 153K. Just had cad. converter & EGR valve replaced. Also a tie rod. This SUV is fun to drive, and I love it, but EVERYTHING that people said can go wrong with the Tribute HAS! And yes, my door ashtray also fell out for no reason. I just had a tune up, and alot of work done, it runs great now. But gas mileage is still very poor, (15 mpg) so I am looking for something else.