2001 Mazda Tribute Consumer Review: Great vehicle under 75,000 mil

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Review

Great vehicle under 75,000 miles
By vabeachjason on

2001 Mazda Tribute DX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my tribute at 76,000 miles. It has been a great vehicle to me in the last 2 years until the last 4 months its been 1 thing after another. In April I started the engine and it literally exploded. The intake exploded destroying everything around it and sending oil and plastic parts everywhere! The dealer could not explain it and said "these things happen." I was given no explanation and had to pay 1300 dollars to replace the intake, the cable and damaged hoses. Then in May the transmission went ($3000) and today I have an unexplained oil leak under the rear differential. I love my Tribute, but I would never buy one again because of the costly repairs.

I am 6 foot 6 and I love the head room, Handles great. Excellent turn radius. very comfortable for long trips.

Make the vehicle last longer! It seams these were pre-programmed to fall apart after 80,000 miles. Fix the low radiator fluid light, it's on all the time and Its really annoying to look at.