1 of 1 people found this review helpful
By andrewcaudillo on
2001 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
I love my Mazda, I really do.
But after 10 years of babying, I feel that it should fare better than it is.
We bought it brand new in late 2000.
It looked incredible then, and it still does.
However, there are a few issues:
1) (minor) the fabric panelling on the doors is falling off. ($20 fix)
2) (minor) The headlights are all fogged up ($15 fix)
3) (major) The PLASTIC intake manifold gasket has gone bad ($1000 fix)
Would I buy another one?
I'm driving a 2001 Toyota Camry LE (4 cyl) while the Mazda's in the shop, and though it doesn't look as good, drive as well, or sound as awesome, it hasn't given my grandparents a single issue...
I'll buy a VW or Toyota next time
The sound of the 3.0 litre Duratec V6, the power of the 3.0 litre Duratec V6, exterior styling, interior styling.
1) Really, Mazda?
15-19 MPG??? (I drive normally)
2) Don't make important parts (e.g. intake manifold gasket) out of cheap plastic.
Spend the extra few bucks to put in some good ol' metal.
3) In general, build your cars better.