2001 Mazda Tribute Consumer Review: A pretty good SUV

2001 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Review

A pretty good SUV
By dan18932 on

2001 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Tribute for 1 year now. I bought it used from the original owner. It has gone through all of the recalls and I thought it was fine, until the transmission went out at 47000 miles. It had burned up one day while I was driving home from work. The original warranty had expired because it was a 2001. I took it into the dealer and they said I needed a new one which would cost $3000 dollars. I told them I never heard of a car's tranny going out so soon. After fighting with Mazda they agreed to pay half and the dealer I took it to paid some so it only cost me $1,000 dollars. I do not think I would ever buy one again though it drives nicely and has pretty good performance. My mpg is 19.

My mpg is pretty consistent at 19 city 21 highway. I have the 235 size tire. Good passenger room and room for cargo.

Noise isolation, folding flat passenger seat, navigation, better roll over resistance.