2001 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
3 years and Going
By Kentucky Driver on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife loves to drive it because of its get up and go. Drives as smooth and comfortable as a sports car. After 30,000 miles I took it in to replace pads. I was surprised when the rotors were worn down to nothing. Cost me $400. I was always curious why this car generated so much brake dust. At 45,000 miles, the car just stalled. I read other Tribute drivers experienced this. For the most part, we love this SUV...now if we can just get rid of that incessant rattle in the hatch.

Nice to drive, yet very unsafe
By AimeeW on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV DX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have the DX 2WD/ 4cyl standard Tribute and it has been a reliable car in general but it is absolutely horrible in the rain/snow. It handles extremely poor in these conditions. When it rains, I hydroplane often and it skids on any road that is slightly slick while braking. I am looking to trade this vehicle in because of this but now I see that it has depreciated terribly as well.

zoom, zomm, zoom
By NESSA709 on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

NICE SUV TO DRIVE. NICE LOOKING ALSO

My Tribute
By Nejao on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV DX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It si a very reliably vehicle. Since I bhought in Nov/2000 the cars never gave me a trouble. Even though it is not a luxury vehicle, The tribute worth its price. This one is fully loaded and I paid only $25.000 while others SUVs with the same optionals would be around $29000. I recommend you the Tribute from Mazda.

Still like the Tribute
By kpax on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Tribute in Sept. 2000.I had to have the transmission replaced less than a year later. It was under warranty but that didn't make me feel very good about the SUV. I haven't had any other problems since. The moon roof is starting to stick a little but I do love the car, I now have 55,000 miles on it.

Get what you pay for
By pegness on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is basically very good- nothing has happened in the past 2+ years. Transmission worries me, it seems to shift endlessly in rural driving. Very basic interior, but it is a cheaper SUV. Gas mileage is not what we thought-seems everyone has that opinion. Not wanting to spend 30K, it has been a good purchase. Next one, though, will be of superior quality.

good
By sgtbobbo on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

good response in the pedal, handles well, zoom zoom, great fuel mileage

Great SUV...especially for the money
By JasonMN on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have 45,000 miles on my Tribute and it has been great! I have basically beat the heck out of it with no problems.

Yes, but........
By DianaDriver on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This was the car I was waiting for -- compact, roomy interior, reasonable gas mileage and up where I can see what's going on......yes, but....at 21000 miles I've just paid about $400 for a rotator replacement on a front wheel brake....that can't be right. Apparently others are having this unanticipated expense also. How common is this and why isn't Mazda doing a recall if the rotators are, as my dealer told me, just not up to handling the brake pads?

Great car
By jswindler on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was one of the first people to buy a Tribute when they came out in 2000 and have loved it ever since. Very roomy on the inside and good-looking on the outside. Nice power too.