2001 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
Pizza love
By frichardc on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Loved the vehicle when I first got it and most of my 39 month lease. Lately it has developed electrical and mechanical problems. Warning lights come on when nothing is wrong. The windshield has developed a leak and worse of all the transmission shudders when shifting in and out of overdrive. I was going to by it but am now happy to return it to the dealer with only 26000 miles on it.

If you like the feel of a car but need s
By Kiele on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV DX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If you like the feel of a car but need something bigger this is great!!! I find it to be very peppy and it gets GREAT gas milage.

Happy Tribute Owner
By Buck101 on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Tribute has been an excellent vehicle. It's brakes and engine are excellent. It is predictable and sure footed in the snow. Quality has been very good, except the windshield wasn't properly sealed from the factory and the rear windshield wiper needs a stronger spring to keep it to the back window. We've had no other problems with it. The only disappointment is it's fuel economy. I was hoping for more than 23- 24 mpg on the highway. I do have a heavy foot though.

Fantastic Car
By seacogirl on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I cannot say enough about this car. I love it!!! It is the BEST buy for the money! I only regret that they don't make a "high class" model. No woodgrain, fancy bells and whistles, but who needs them! It has 6 CD changer IN THE DASH AND AM/FM, Cassette all in the dash -- other fancy high class cars don't offer that. The back seat folds down completely flat -- fantastic feature. This car is not too heavy to stop - when you hit the brakes, expect it to stop, unlike larger SUV's. It is also not a gas guzzler. I just can't say enough about this car. LOVE IT!!!

Bad Rotors from Ford
By darbow on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Here i thought i was getting Mazda reliability but all we have is a glorified Taurus! The rotors needed replaced under 40k (out of warr of course) and some sensors had to be replaced earlier on. I will keep it until Spring and then im getting a 4Runner or Pathfinder to replace it. Sorry Mazda you should have kept Ford parts out of the vehicle (engine/brakes etc....) back in 01 it was the fastest,cheapest and best looking, now its run of the mill and being underrated by Minivans.

Tribute Overall enjoyed but....
By Sonaran on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I have enjoyed my Tribute since getting it in 2001 but I have had some problems. One losing power while driving-2001. In 2002, I had to have the brake lines and coolant lines replaced due to a leak as well as the stalling problem started again. The delearship replaced everything except for the engine and electrical lines. 2003, I had to have some of my electrical parts replaced-OBDII light came on one night and the next day my Tribute wouldn't start. But despite all of this-I really like my Tribute and even though I have had problems. So,I'm thinking of either getting 2004 or 2005 model.

Tributes
By Xzcharly on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had no problems whatsoever with my Tribute. It drive well, handles well and had plenty of cargo space. If I had to think of a complaint, it would be the road noise. It is slightly noisier than my past vehicle.

Mazda Tribute LX V6
By jkannard on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really like the pep my Mazda has. It has been a really reliable vehicle and is roomy enough for our family of four.

am ready to trade it in
By rep62ar on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and loved the look and feel. It was the right size for me - a small SUV. I am about to bring it in for my fourth round of warranty work, however, for four different problems. After dealing with the well documented stall problem, air bag light (will go in tomorrow for that) and problem starting/losing power when slowing down due to air intake valve among other problems, I am fed up. I can't even get my local dealership to give me a receipt for the last warranty work done. This car is not worth the hassle.

Cool Truck, but bad luck
By ejrusso on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV DX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our Tribute DX V6 since November 2000. Besides being fun to drive and powerful the truck has a lot of problems. We are taking our truck in at least 4-5 times every 6 months, for repairs, since we've had it. Our transimission has been replaced along with the cylanoid, master brake cylinder, cracked fuel line, 4 check engine light sensors, the rear windshield wiper, drivers door panel, and the stripping along the front windshield. I'm sure there are some I am forgetting.