Used 2001 Mazda Tribute Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

engine problems
By mazdasucks

2001 Mazda Tribute DX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had to replace the engine at 57000 miles.

81,ooo miles - no complaints...
By JB of Lawrenceville

2001 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the ES w/ 4wd almost by accident - I was checking out 4-door cars at the VW dealer next door, when a salesman talked me into driving the Trib. The drive sold me, coupled with what I felt was a huge bang-for-the buck value - V-6, 4wd, all options, leather, great adjustable seat - all for under 22k (after negotiations). I've taken it in for a few minor recall checks, never spent more than an hour each time. Car still runs like new! I recommend it highly!

Ride, drive, and comfort. Low maintenence.

Do away with the "computer-chip" style key. They are overly expensive to replace and really don't stop true theives. But I guess these keys are showing up in all new cars these days. Design the back-end aerodynamics so that the rear glass doesn't always get covered in water spray when it rains.

Fun to Drive
By kmgwinn

2001 Mazda Tribute DX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I owned a Mazda MPV and replaced it with a used Tribute and love it - fun to drive - handles wonderfully - very pleased with my purchase - even with higher miles it handles like a new car. Would recommend it!

Handling - handles like a sports car -

needs bigger console and arm rests. No other suggestions - love it!

This is what I feel about my Mazda!
By Terry Yu

2001 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First This Car have a handsome looking that I think is one of the best looking SUV in the Maket. On the other hand, Fuel Economy for this car is not good, Use a lot of gas!!! For the Performent of this SUV is just ok! It is not I call V6! Anyway other than that this is not that bad. It just doen't like my other SUV TOYOTA HIGHLANDER!

The Fuel Economy is the most important thing to Improve for this Car in HK the gas price is very high!

Air conditioning
By hockey2day4u

2001 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Turned on the A/C this weekend and it did not work. Of course,the warranty expired in January. Call the dealer DCH in Maplewood and was told that they are no longer a Mazda dealer. Called another dealer and they said it may be covered under warranty still because I complained last summer that it was not getting cold.

Console compartment is hard to open when driving. Gear shifter makes it hard to see dashboard. Rear window defroster does not turn off when you turn off the car.