2001 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
No Complaints
By M J Boyer on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my spouses vehicle...and she truly enjoys owning and driving it. The sun-roof feature allows great outdoors enjoyment, and the tightness and overall appearance both inside and out have brought her many favorable comments from co-workers and friends. We're older individuals, and I would certainly recommend to anyone past 50 to consider this vehicle...the 200HP performance is terrific.

Zoom Zoom Zoom
By Roxanne on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda Tribute DX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The only part of the design I do not like is the shift -- hard to see dials on the dashboard--a stick shift would have been better.

Ruby
By das0421 on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute DX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car and plan to buy another one as my next car. Great buy for the features and my particular dealer offers exceptional service.

Thinking of buying another one
By lovemytribute on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute DX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Tribute last year. I checked out other SUVs and none compared to the Tribute. The Tribute had a lot more standard features along with better horsepower, looks, and space. It was too good to pass up! I traded in my MX-3 for the Tribute and still have lots of fun driving. We've had this car for 1.5 years now and have put on 25,400 miles on it. We haven't had any problems with our Tribute. We're thinking of getting a second Tribute. It has excellent pick up too, I often pass other cars at intersections without any extra pressure on the gas pedal!

Thinking of buying another one
By LoveMyTribute on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute DX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun Zoom Zoom
By Doubear on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It is amazing how much power can be produced out of such a relatively small engine. I'm an old gearhead and we thought we were doing well at 1 horsepower per cubic inch. This engine is far above that and gets fair gas milage as well. Bravo to the Ford or combination of engineers that designed this engine and automobile. My only complaint is interior road noise is too high

My last Mazda...ever
By racetech on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

It has been the least reliable vehicle I have ever owned!! The wiper linkage broke in a snow storm, there was a gas leak and the worst thing is the thing just dies. The dealer had no clue what the problem was and said it was just one of those things that happens once and would never happen again. well, it died 4 times while I was driving it. I took it to another dealer who at least tried to fix it by replacing the computer. I thought the problem was fixed, but 2 weeks later, it died on me again. We traded in right after that, and that will by my last Mazda ever!!!

I love it and I am not getting rid of it
By Kimmy on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2001 LX 4WD and I love it! I had to special order it to get what I wanted and it took 2 months to get, but I am so happy with it! I traded in my 2 yr old Mustang and haven't looked back since! The V6 has the pick-up that I love and was used to from my car and it drives very much like a car. It is extremely easy to handle and makes Atlanta traffic a breeze! My boyfriend has a Honda EX CR-V but he prefers to drive my car because as he said, "It actually goes when you push the gas peddle." No regrets here!

New Engine
By Peppy on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So far in the year I have had my Tribute, I have had to have the ceiling liner replaced, an overhead light replaced, a shock replaced, Tires (at my own expense, firestone doesn't honor their tire warranties), and now it is in the shop for a NEW ENGINE. As soon as I get it back I am going to trade it in for a new car. Unfortunately I missed the lemon law by 2 months in my state. Bummer.

Reliable, solid and a blast to drive
By bill-l on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Tribute--I've had it nearly a year, and have had no significant problems. It has great handling, acceleration and braking for an SUV, and I love the exterior looks and the interior comfort. The ride is smoother than any other SUV I test drove or have ever ridden in. You can keep your $75,000 Hummers--When I'm driving in my Tribute, I'm King of the Road--for 1/3rd the price! Zoom Zoom!!