2001 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:
Why I Like my Mazda Tribute
By Phil Henderson on 03/17/05 11:10 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV DX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I researched all SUV's in this category and bought the Tribute based on specific criteria. I wanted a front wheel drive (traction in snow), not 4WD (maintenance risk and mileage), head room (I'm only 6' tall and if I pitched forward in an accident in the Sante Fe, it would have hit the ceiling - Tribute has lots of room), 6 cyl, rear gate opens up, carry 4x8 sheet of plywood through the rear window, carry 8 ft 2x4 inside with the doors closed, internal storage of spare tire, fits in the garage, styling interior and exterior, elevated rear seats, visibility for the driver, and excellent driving feel.

as good as it gets
By bonyeller on 11/28/04 00:23 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV DX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a pretty decent purchase, just wished I had gotten cruise control. I didn't want to pay the extra costs of just adding cruise control as an option. The vehicle has al ot of pep and passing power, not too bad on towing either. I would recommend this "baby SUV" to anyone, just make sure you have cruise control.

Best Car I Ever Bought!!!
By Japhia Tarver on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV DX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Me and my husband bought this SUV about three weeks ago, so far we love it! We have not had any problems out of it so far. We bought it used and it's still in really great shape! I love how it drives and that it has good handling on turns. It has a lot of room in it and I think will be very safe for my brand new baby. It has a cool feature on it where the back seat folds in the floorbaord, then the back part on the seat folds down so it makes the back part like a flat-bed truck. One thing my husband doesn't like about it though is how long it takes for it to shift gears. Overall it is a great vehicle and I hope that it lasts us for a long while.

Cool Truck, but bad luck
By ejrusso on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV DX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our Tribute DX V6 since November 2000. Besides being fun to drive and powerful the truck has a lot of problems. We are taking our truck in at least 4-5 times every 6 months, for repairs, since we've had it. Our transimission has been replaced along with the cylanoid, master brake cylinder, cracked fuel line, 4 check engine light sensors, the rear windshield wiper, drivers door panel, and the stripping along the front windshield. I'm sure there are some I am forgetting.

Fun to drive
By domek69 on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV DX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This “compact” SUV is not so compact after all. I’ve been driving the Tribute for over 2 years now without any major problems. It is roomy. The 6- cylinder engine has a fantastic acceleration if you compare it to similar cars from other manufacturers.

Zoom Zoom Zoom
By Roxanne on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV DX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The only part of the design I do not like is the shift -- hard to see dials on the dashboard--a stick shift would have been better.

Ruby
By das0421 on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV DX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car and plan to buy another one as my next car. Great buy for the features and my particular dealer offers exceptional service.

Pleased with my Mazda SUV
By Irina on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV DX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very reliable, sporty for an suv, fun and most importantly feeling of security while driving.