Used 2001 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

power window and door locks fail
By 1961barbie

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

2011 cd player malfunctioned trapping my fav cd forever. cant play it, cant get it back out. 2011 the bolt holding the rear window on rusted thru and if you open it you need to lift while closing it to line it up manually. 2012 bright/dim switch stopped working. 2012 shifter cable broke. 2013 transmission went out 2013 drivers door power window off track 2014 power door lock malfunction resulting in drivers door and driver side back door will not open, and front passenger door only opens from the outside. 2014 drivers door window off the track again. but... drives smooth, good mileage and good on tires.

favorite feature is gas mileage air works great. love the moon roof. roomy interior, will hold more than you think it will, like if you want to move a desk or table. seats lean forward.

seriously redesign the electrical system. a bit more life and power to the tranny would be a huge plus. and the center box, between the front seats should be lower. it's in the way, but nice to have the extra storage, just make it shorter.

Awesome...but....
By andrewcaudillo

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Mazda, I really do. But after 10 years of babying, I feel that it should fare better than it is. We bought it brand new in late 2000. It looked incredible then, and it still does. However, there are a few issues: 1) (minor) the fabric panelling on the doors is falling off. ($20 fix) 2) (minor) The headlights are all fogged up ($15 fix) 3) (major) The PLASTIC intake manifold gasket has gone bad ($1000 fix) Would I buy another one? Mmm...probably not. I'm driving a 2001 Toyota Camry LE (4 cyl) while the Mazda's in the shop, and though it doesn't look as good, drive as well, or sound as awesome, it hasn't given my grandparents a single issue... I'll buy a VW or Toyota next time

The sound of the 3.0 litre Duratec V6, the power of the 3.0 litre Duratec V6, exterior styling, interior styling.

1) Really, Mazda? 15-19 MPG??? (I drive normally) 2) Don't make important parts (e.g. intake manifold gasket) out of cheap plastic. Spend the extra few bucks to put in some good ol' metal. 3) In general, build your cars better.

Best SUV I've Had
By Alex

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had it for about 2 years now and I have just hit 100,000 miles and it still runs great. I have only had to replace a few things like the air conditioning compressor and i just got new brakes put on it today which reasonable for a car that has gone that far. I also had the brake booster replaced right away and i have not had any problems since that. I love this SUV soooo much that I had the cloth seats taken out, and I bought custom perforated real leather seats and i also had a sunroof installed. Both from Classic Soft Trim.

Great power and ride. Love everything about it.

I still love my 2001 Tribute
By Cary

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've been meaning to submit a report since 2001... I love this car. It has enough power to merge and pass safely on the highway, enough cargo space to haul a garden's worth of plants & mulch with the option of opening just the back window for extra-long items, the seats are comfortable on 8 hour drives and I still feel happy when I see its graceful profile in the parking lot, especially next to bigger, clunkier SUVs. I bought it new, and put over 120,000 miles on it. It still feels like my "new" car. Unfortunately, it crashed last week (no fault of the Tribute), so here I am, looking for another just like it. That says it all: would I buy it again? Yes!

Comfortable seats, lots of room, good mileage for its size, looks great, fun to drive.

My only complaint is that the rear seat belts put a dent and stain on the seat backs. Maybe this has been addressed or was not a common problem.

great suv
By phil

2001 Mazda Tribute SUV LX-V6 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth Running, never had a problem, great gas mileage. wonderful suv to own

the gas mileage